Predictions for Iowa @ISU on Thursday

I'm going to go out an a limb here, but I have a serious feeling that an upset is in the works. Watched a few Cyclone games and to me, it just seem to be they are really wallowing in their own hype. They seem to let the game start to get out of hand and then put on an NBA show in the last 5 minutes to win by an amount that makes the game not look as close at it was. This says to me this team is building the wrong kind of confidence, the kind where they trust their awesomeness so much that they think they're unbeatable. They will NOT roll the Hawks this year like last year because frankly, they just aren't as good as they are sold to be. That's what I see, anyway. I honestly believe these Cyclones will hit a skid and be knocked out of the rankings in January. And I think the Hawks are just the team to start the slide.

Hawks win by 7 to 9 points.

Oh yeah, and FIRE FERRENTZ!!!!!!

I will be at the game, so I will have fun.....at least until ISU goes on a 2nd half run and wins by 15

Iowa down by 6-8 at half end up losing by 15-20. Play the game in March i think the game would be competitive, Thursday they will probably turn it on sometime during the 2nd half and win going away.

Iowa realistically is not going to win this game. BUT that is the beauty of basketball and the beauty of rivalries. For that reason, I am hoping it follows that trend.
Hawks 78-70 in a shocker

It is Da Clowns #SuperBowl, they will put all their pent up football anger into this game (at least the fans will)

Clowns 88
Hawks 72

I don't see us beating a top 5 team on the road but if they do i think the football team's magic could start shifting the basketball team's way.

For what it's worth they kenpom only has them a few spots ahead of us. Part of me thinks we're very underrated part of me thinks we rely too much on jump shooting and can't rebound.

isu is a final four type team, Iowa is a "last four in" type team this year. Gotta go to my son's Christmas concert that night and I don't think I'll be missing much. Hate to say this but:
isu 89
Iowa 70
followed by the usual clown troll invasion of HN.:(

Iowa State 84
Iowa 77

Our starters will be fine but our bench hasn't experienced this type of hostility on the road IMO. It's the perfect game at the perfect time. The young guys get a taste for the environment on the road in the Big 10 and then a couple easy wins before Michigan State and Purdue.

I predict clowns will boo every single call made. It's unbelievable how much they complain. Complete babies

I predict clowns will boo every single call made. It's unbelievable how much they complain. Complete babies

Iowa State is overrated. They haven't really played anybody, unless you want to count Illinois, this year. I think Iowa should win by fifteen points or so.

Unfortunately, I see the Clowns winning by double digits. On the bright side, throwing them a bone will keep their fans off a suicide watch. Wait, maybe that's not a bright side.

Iowa is a better shooting team this year and has a lineup of upperclassmen. Most road teams lose at Hilton, but the Hawks will not back down from the challenge. Fran will ride the starters, with finals week coming up, the next game isn't until the 19th.

All depends on Uthoff and Jok in my opinion. If the Hawks want to win or even keep it close both of them need to bring their A game. Ames is a tough place to play and their players are going to be ready. Iowa can't afford to have the laid back version of Uthoff playing ball tomorrow night. He needs to attack. We know Jok will launch his shot, but we don't know whether or not he'll be on target. If either of them don't show up it will be a blowout and ISU will win. If they both show up Iowa will keep it close and possibly pull it off.

NOBODY can beat catsup and musturd at catsup and musturd. They are THE elite program in college basketball. They went to a sweet 16 you know.

Latest posts