Prediction thread: Iowa vs Penn State

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
I say Iowa loses 67-56. Mainly because it's on the road and have had a week layoff. BUT they win at home on Sunday against Indiana.

I wouldn't be shocked one bit if this happened. This team is terribly inconsistent and frustrating this year. But still "better" than I thought they'd be.

Last edited:
I'd say Hawks win a close one. Low scoring. 57-53

Hawks lead all the way, but never get up more than 7-8. Big day for Gatens. 3-5 from downtown and finishes with 18.

Karl Archie has two emphatic dunks on fast breaks and the Hawks win by 8 74-66 with game clinching free throws by Gatens with 30 seconds to go.

Afterwards Karl scoop slams Tim Frazier at mid court and gives him the diamond cutter for good measure before getting the easy three-count.

I'm afraid to even try and predict this game. If Iowa let's PSU light it up from 3 (not exactly a stretch) like they did in the 2nd half against us in Iowa City, then I don't think Iowa wins this game. Otherwise, it should be a W.

Bottom line: Better improve the D if they want to win this one.

I think Cartwright will bounce back and have a game similar to when we played them at home. Basabe and McCabe will have solid efforts as well. White and Gatens will bring it as usual.

Hawks win.

Until this team begins to play better defense, they will continue to be at the mercy of whether the oppo has a good shooting night or not.

It's prolly a safe be that PSU will shoot better than they did 10 days ago...

Lions by 8.

I say Iowa loses 67-56. Mainly because it's on the road and have had a week layoff. BUT they win at home on Saturday against Indiana.

I wouldn't be shocked one bit if this happened. This team is terribly inconsistent and frustrating this year. But still "better" than I thought they'd be.

I would be incredibly shocked if Iowa won at home against Indiana on Saturday.

I say Iowa loses 67-56. Mainly because it's on the road and have had a week layoff. BUT they win at home on Saturday against Indiana.

Agree with this ...

to avoid complete plagarism, I'll tweak it and say Hawks will fall behind by 12 at half, pull within 4 at 8 minutes and lose, going away by 12 - 14.

5 bullet points:
-- Another long break in games doesn't help a developing team work out inconsistencies and lapses;

-- Compound the above by going on the road and it slops it up even more.

-- This will go as Cartwright goes. He had a great game against them at home, which means he will stink on Thursday (waaay too inconsistent and unrealiable, this year). I see Frazier using him up.

-- Gatens: 2011-2012
= 46.6% / 35.4%, overall.
= 47.2% / 35.9%, road
(maybe an equalizer?)

-- White gets another double-double, further solidifying himself as the best, most consistent and overall productive player on the team.

Latest posts