Prediction thread: Iowa vs Penn State

Smart man. Ryno must have been looking forward to watching the Iowa State game on Saturday and gotten confuzed. ;)

Oops! Sorry. Edited now. Thanks.

Who does ISU play Saturday? Another chance at a "quality win" in the mighty Big 12? My wife is going actually. Just found out that her best friend is dating TJ Otzelberger (sp?) and she asked my wife to go to game with her. I warned my wife not to convert! Although, ISU BB is entertaining to watch.

Well it would make for one odd finish to the season. Because either Iowa had a strong finish to the season to play them in the first round or your losing to them in the semi finals of the BTT.

PSU lost (drawing a blank on his name) big guy 3 point shooter due to recurring migraines, so that should help. Not sure "must win game" can be uttered at this point in the season, so who knows which team will show up. At this point in the season the coaching doesn't matter. If the team doesn't play with intensity and focus, it's on them. It comes down to whether or not we can stop Frazier, as I don't think PSU has much else to offer offensively. With that being said, we have been a stat stuffer opponent for quite a few guys this season. PSU 55 Iowa 50.

Well it would make for one odd finish to the season. Because either Iowa had a strong finish to the season to play them in the first round or your losing to them in the semi finals of the BTT.

We have at least 3 players with NBA talent. There is no reason why we can't get in the top third of the conference, assuming Francis gets his crap together and learns how to manage talent.

Why we brought in a guy from Sienna to run a team with all this talent is beyond me. The only egos he had to check in Albany were the hot dog vendors.

I am afraid the PSU team that beat Purdue and the Illini in State College will show up on Thursday. Frazier goes nuts,scores 28 pts, and Nits beat the Hawks 73-64.

Shock me,Hawks,please.

Wouldn't be a shock if we won or lost this game. It's tough to win road games in college basketball period.

This is one of the more difficult games to predict so far this season.
Iowa really should have beat PSU by 25+ their first game but couldn't sustain it.

If PSU is making any of their shots early on, they have a shot of getting up by double digits. If PSU is off (which has happened more than not), Iowa will stay close, maybe be up by 6-8 pts at one point.

But, really, it comes down to defense. Iowa has reverted to their early season awfulness on that side of the court. If the Hawks can actually get stops - turns, DREBS, etc... they will be fine.

I'm having a hard time w/ this game, I could see Iowa win by 6. I could see PSU win by 14.

Iowa is the better team, I have no problem stating that. They are better in almost every single facet than PSU. But PSU has a 'go to guy' - something that the Hawks do not have yet.

Tough call.

It all comes down to if Penn State can make those wide open looks that they missed playing Iowa the first time.

I hope to not see it that often tonight but that floater shot Frazier has got is sweet.

its hard for me to say cuz it`s so unpredictable. sometimes they go that way or sometimes they the anotherway. i pretty much screwed up in my predictions. if theres bodybuilding contest next door i`ll just go there, of course with my wife......

Latest posts