Prediction Reshuffle: Do You Feel Differently about 2013?

I was saying 7-5 preseason. I still feel that way, but 8-4 or 9-3 wouldn't surprise me if we continue to improve like we have. This week really should be a huge tell. I don't see us beating Michigan or OSU. Every other game is really a toss up. Im not as scared on the road with Rudock as I was with JVB.

Was waiting for this thread. :) What is funny is I would suspect most everyone would have Iowa at 3-1 or and worse 2-2 at this stage.. I did have Iowa 3-1 and finishing the years 5-7. No change. Give me one reason to change? Because we beat W. Michigan 59-7? Not good enough reason..

This Saturday the story starts being told. Some of the predictions above me are amazing IMO..

Last edited:
Was waiting for this thread. :) What is funny is I would suspect most everyone would have Iowa at 3-1 or and worse 2-2 at this stage.. I did have Iowa 3-1 and finishing the years 5-7. No change. Give me one reason to change? Because we beat W. Michigan 59-7? Not good enough reason..

This Saturday the story starts being told. Some of the predictions above me are amazing IMO..

I had them at 3-1 right now and originally predicted they'd beat Minnie and Purdue to finish 5-7. They are right on track for that to happen.

I think the rest of the Big 10 looking bad has more to do with the changing predictions than anything Iowa has done to this point. This schedule doesn't look near as hard as it did when the season started.

I had wins against MSU and Purdue.

You could be right. I originally had them beating Minnie. Still sticking with that pick, but not feeling confident about it. From what I understand, Msu has NO offense. Like worse than Iowa's last season? Is that really the case with them?

You could be right. I originally had them beating Minnie. Still sticking with that pick, but not feeling confident about it. From what I understand, Msu has NO offense. Like worse than Iowa's last season? Is that really the case with them?

Im more confident against Minny than MSU. Minny has only been winning because they have ran the ball down the throats of inferior competition, worse competition than Iowa has played (UNLV, New Mexico State, Western Illinois and San Jose State). Neither one of their QB's can beat you with his arm. Iowa is ranked in the Top 20 in nation against the rush, I believe.

MSU's offense is approaching Iowa like from 2012. However, their defense was #1 in the nation in total defense going into last week. They were only giving up 177 YPG. Havent seen rankings after the ND game but I wouldnt expect them to drop much if any at all. I would expect a game much like last years in East Lansing. It was only 13-13 going into OT up there.

Predicted 4-8 and am sticking with it. We have looked bad in 3 games and great one 1 game. Ill take the larger sample size and say we still have issues. MN will be much better than any team we have played thus far so if we beat them I may re think my prediction.

Predicted 4-8 and am sticking with it. We have looked bad in 3 games and great one 1 game. Ill take the larger sample size and say we still have issues. MN will be much better than any team we have played thus far so if we beat them I may re think my prediction.

The way I look at it, any big 10 win is a huge win. I do realize that there are a few bad teams in the big 10, but still. It will be impressive if they win this Saturday.

I predicted 6-6 and I still think 6-6. But now I can see a possibility of up to 8-4. Not a good possibility, just a glimmer where there wasn't one before.

I actually thought Iowa would be 4-0 at this point. The difference after watching the rest of the big 10, outside at Ohio st, Iowa has a decent chance to win every other game on the schedule. Will they? That's a different story.

Me, too. 4-0 on way to 6-0, then losing last 6. Well, they're 3-1, which puts them 1 game off the pace of my prediction.

I'd like to think they could make up the loss by beating a bad Purdue team but it's on the road and will probably be "the one" that is the annual nut-punch Kirt likes to give Iowa fans.

Remaining W's = Minny, MSU ... what the hell, Purdue.

Remaining L's =
OhST (by at least 21),
NwU (by at least 10),
Wisky (close, entertaining game but just run out of time as Wisky eats up too much clock),
Michigan (Blue will tweak and catch Iowa unprepared; Iowa won't tweak; Blue will win a game many think Iowa has a chance to win because of Blue's turnover issues.)

Toss-UP = Nebraska (As long as Weisman is 100% and Daniels has been incorporated into the running attack for 15+ carries / game, Iowa will be able to pound away on the gray-shirts.)

I predicted 4-8 to start the season, but Iowa easily looked like a bowl team this weekend. So obviously, I feel the team is ahead of where I thought they would be. Maybe not record-wise, 3-1 was something I always thought was feasible given our early schedule. But I think the potential is quite a bit higher now to win more games in conference than I originally thought. I just hope the team keeps it up and doesn't regress.

The Big1G is down from what I thought it would be. Iowa can win at least 4 in conference (Minnesota, MSU, Purdue and (yes) Michigan). I think Wisky and Northwestern are a toss-up. OSU and Nebby will give us problems. 7-5 at worst.

Kirk gets a 5 year extension.

At this point I thought Iowa would be 3-1. I thought we would lose to either NIU or ISU, but not both. I think we will have one or two wins against the top tier B1G teams (Michigan, OSU, Wisconsin, NW), but sweeping them is nearly impossible.

Im more confident against Minny than MSU. Minny has only been winning because they have ran the ball down the throats of inferior competition, worse competition than Iowa has played (UNLV, New Mexico State, Western Illinois and San Jose State). Neither one of their QB's can beat you with his arm. Iowa is ranked in the Top 20 in nation against the rush, I believe.

MSU's offense is approaching Iowa like from 2012. However, their defense was #1 in the nation in total defense going into last week. They were only giving up 177 YPG. Havent seen rankings after the ND game but I wouldnt expect them to drop much if any at all. I would expect a game much like last years in East Lansing. It was only 13-13 going into OT up there.

The only reason I went MSU is strictly because it is a home.

I hope that a re-prediction thread like this gets started at least 2 more times this season. It would likely mean that Iowa football is doing something right. It would also mean that everybody here would have an accurate prediction to hang their hat on at season's end.

hey the hawks were just 6 plays away from finishing 8-4 last year.

seriously, the hawks are very aspirational, on the uptick this season, regardless of record. If the hawks get a bowl outside of Detroit, they may not win but will comeback next year and kick the door down.

Latest posts