Prediction Reshuffle: Do You Feel Differently about 2013?

I have a lease on 6 wins with an option to buy 7, and a clause for trade in for 5 wins. If we win the next 2 and improve at wr and def backfield...I reinstate option for 7 with a potential upgrade to...dare I say...8(that's the ceiling and I would be beyond impressed)

I said 10-2 originally, and still like it. But for re-predictions sake, I'll say 9-3 (cuz you never know what may happen).

6-6 for me. This weekend's game is one of the most winnable conference games on the schedule. Time to extract the TCF demons from years past.

Was thinking 4 more wins but I'll up it to 5. I like where this team is headed. The entire game last weekend looked like it was set up to break tendencies. Rudock finally keep it on the read option. A few more shots down field. KMM starts returning punts instead of fair catching. That first touchdown pass to Hillyer looked like a pretty interesting play action route. The team looks like it's coming together.

Amazing what a win over WMU does for perception, why wasn't this written after last week's win? Iowa is cured I guess, huh? Congrats KF, you've done it.

Amazing what a win over WMU does for perception, why wasn't this written after last week's win? Iowa is cured I guess, huh? Congrats KF, you've done it.

I'm not sure. I thought dominating teh Clowns for 53 min was a pretty good showing. For some reason most just wanted to focus on the 7 min. that the Clowns actually outplayed the Hawks.

The reason people are happy now, is because the Hawks controlled all 60 min of this game. I'm sure we will be back to whining and moaning next week, because the Hawks won't be able to control all 60 min against the Goofers

Mr fence-sitter here.

Too early to tell.

Teams we beat are winless. ISU has their worst team in 10+ years. Missouri State or whoever....c'mon. Western Michigan....good win but again they are 0-4....but is it a one game/one trick pony, or a harbinger of things to come? Don't know. Had a chance to beat a decent NIU squad but couldn't finish.

I was a 6-6 guy to start the season.

Are we ready to take on NW, Michigan, Ohio State Wisky and Nebraska? Not really. Not yet.

Can we beat MSU, Purdue and Minnesota? Of course, but we can also lose to them.

3-5 conf & 6-6/overall with a little bitty bowl is my prediction still.

If we lose to Minny, a losing record this year is a possiblity. I doubt many of you predicted we would lose to ISU, Indiana, Purdue and CMU last year. Had we won those four games, we would have been 8-4 going into our bowl game. Jon's prediction that we will beat Wisky this year is a real long shot. I give Wisky about a 40% chance of beating Ohio State this weekend...Buckeyes are overrated this year. Anderson is also a better coach than Bielema was. But OSU's coach is the best in the league, so 60% chance they win. I like our chances of beating Michigan more than Wisconsin...wolverine players feel entitled and don't focus when the chips are down. Wisky guys have that J.J. Watt mindset. never quit, follow the gameplan, slug you. The only way we beat Sparty is if we score 10 points off defense/special teams. Zero points from that 2/3 of the game, and a loss is very probable. If we defeat both Minnesota and Michigan State...i see an 8-4 season record. The NIU loss will actually improve our strength of schedule and 'power ranking' at the end of the year, more than a victory over a Kent State would have. Some bowl against ole miss, texas tech or washington.

MSU's defense is vaunted against the run. Not so much against the pass... And it's offense is... well... a work in progress. Iowa could definitely beat MSU.

If we lose to Minny, a losing record this year is a possiblity. I doubt many of you predicted we would lose to ISU, Indiana, Purdue and CMU last year. Had we won those four games, we would have been 8-4 going into our bowl game. Jon's prediction that we will beat Wisky this year is a real long shot. I give Wisky about a 40% chance of beating Ohio State this weekend...Buckeyes are overrated this year. Anderson is also a better coach than Bielema was. But OSU's coach is the best in the league, so 60% chance they win. I like our chances of beating Michigan more than Wisconsin...wolverine players feel entitled and don't focus when the chips are down. Wisky guys have that J.J. Watt mindset. never quit, follow the gameplan, slug you. The only way we beat Sparty is if we score 10 points off defense/special teams. Zero points from that 2/3 of the game, and a loss is very probable. If we defeat both Minnesota and Michigan State...i see an 8-4 season record. The NIU loss will actually improve our strength of schedule and 'power ranking' at the end of the year, more than a victory over a Kent State would have. Some bowl against ole miss, texas tech or washington.

If we had won all our games last year, we would have been 13-0 (including a bowl game), so thats food for thought.

I have to disagree with some numbers, Wisky has a 37.6% change of beating OSU, you forgot to include the humidity in the calculation, rookie mistake.

Also, OSU IS overrated, when they start putting up triple digits Ill give them credit. 6 TDs from a back up QB? Please, do something impressive.

Still holding with 5-7, after these 4 games.
The 3 wins came against teams, who have yet to win a game this year.

60-40 chance against Minnesota, but we've never won at the new Kinnick North. Then again, Kirk had never beaten Western Michigan until last Saturday.
50-50 chance against Sparty, but Sparty is on a bye-week before they play us.

I never made a pre season prediction, because I really don't like them.. I probably would've said 6-6 based on much improved defense and a Had-to-be-better offense. The offense is about what I expected I think, which means they haven't really impressed me, and I don't think they will impress for a few more games, if at all. Reminds me a bit of 08 and 09 squads, doing just enough to win games, but frustrate you at times.

The secondary on defense was flat out scary in week one. But they seem to have improved each week, and maybe they can turn into a stout defense of the past. The line really needs to get pressure, though.

As for opponents, I don't know enough about them to really predict how we stack up against them. I will say this, I don't know why everyone's so high on Northwestern. They had 10 wins last season, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped back to 8 or 7. They just seem like that kinda team that will always struggle to hit that 10 win mark. We host, later in the season, I think we take them. We host Michigan, at home, and based on last two weeks for them, we can take them. Purdue is awful, and Nebraska...meh, not sure..

Sure losses for me are Ohio State, Wisconsin. Toss ups are MSU, Nebraska, Minnesota. Wins against Purdue, Northwestern, Michigan.

I guess I'm looking at 7-5 right now.. I just worry about Rudock being in his first B1G game AND its on the road.. Unless we can run at will, I think the offense struggles. Hopefully, Iowa State was good prep for him.

I had them at 7-5 and don't really think that's changed. They have a realistic shot at beating nearly anyone on the schedule, and have about the same shot at losing to anyone left on the schedule. We'll know more after this weekend but this is a team that looks like a bowl team but not much more.

Also, OSU IS overrated, when they start putting up triple digits Ill give them credit. 6 TDs from a back up QB? Please, do something impressive.

I agree, OSU has been way overrated. When they go on the road and blow out a Pac 12 opponent, come talk to me, but until they do something like that, the Buckeyes are a real disappointment.

I still have trouble seeing more than 3 more wins. This week, Purdue and maybe Mich State? 6 wins would be better than I expected. Wish we had the first one back.
Next year the schedule looks to be favorable and if we could find some Play Makers Might get back to a good bowl

Latest posts