Prediction Reshuffle: Do You Feel Differently about 2013?

I feel a lot more positive about this team. I originally felt 6-6 or 7-5 would be the ceiling for this team, I think that ceiling has been raised just a little. As a fan I'm just glad to see the team is getting better.

I can understand some peoples' uncertainty for the remainder of the season, because we haven't played well at times against mediocre competition. But winning only one or two of the remaining games would be a huge disappointment IMO. I also don't understand all the optimism for next year. The offense should be fine next year, but on defense we will be losing Dominic Alvis, Christian Kirksey, James Morris, Anthony Hitchens, BJ Lowery, and Tanner Miller. That's the heart & soul of this year's defense, and includes all three linebackers which some have said is one of best linebacker groups in the B1G. With that said, I will admit that it seems like every year we have guys that rise to the occasion to fill a void on defense.

I think the optimism is because there are so many guys back on offense and all the Dline in the 2 deeps except for Alvis will be back. Alston is a guy who looks like he can step right in at MLB and perform Well, and they will have Draper, Lomax, Fleming, an Kjng back and all will see the field this year. The OlB positions and Safety positions will be a question mark though.Hopefully a guy like Lile steps up bc he has tons of physical ability.

I think the optimism is because there are so many guys back on offense and all the Dline in the 2 deeps except for Alvis will be back. Alston is a guy who looks like he can step right in at MLB and perform Well, and they will have Draper, Lomax, Fleming, an Kjng back and all will see the field this year. The OlB positions and Safety positions will be a question mark though.Hopefully a guy like Lile steps up bc he has tons of physical ability.

The optimism is people projecting their feelings, not what's actually happening. Saying "they'll be better because so and so is back" doesn't actually mean they'll be better. You'd like that to be the case, but nobody really knows yet, it's all just conjecture.

Wins over winless opponents is also the cause of optimism. If that's not a rock solid foundation, I don't know what is.

Pessimists and optimists are looking at the same things and making opposite statements. I'll say one group has a better, larger, more relevant sample size than the other.

I'll stay with my 9-4 prediction (wild azz guess) that ninth win coming after a win in the Capital One Bowl game.

Latest posts