SF- McCabe
PF- Basabe
C- Olaseni

pg - gesell
sg - marble
sf -Basabe/ uthoff
pf - white
c - Woodbury

Basabe gets the edge starting out the season due to experience but Uthoff has better shooting skills that could make him a much better offensive threat. Has anyone seen Uthoff's defensive capabilities? Either way I don't think who starts the game is really that important due to Fran's style of play.

I love the "Who Will Start?" question, but I also noticed that I have never seen a team with so many viable combinations that could realistically take the floor during important parts of the game as opposed to giving the top players a breather. I quickly counted at least ten variations that were listed on this thread that, while maybe not ever actual starting combinations, certainly were viable. Add in the other possible realistic combinations and you have a team that can be tailor made for specific situations or opponents. How do other teams prepare for that?

In my opinion the final starting position is between Basabe and Uthoff. Previously I thought Uthoff would start but I am chaging Basabe to a starter. I like how Basabe performed off the bench last year but I keep hearing good things about Mel this off season and hopefully White has him improved his jump shooting which will help in his transition to the 3 spot. I also like the idea of splitting Basabe/Gabe, who I feel are our 2 most athletic big men.

Marble
Gesell
White
Basabe
Woody

Latest posts