storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Here's my guess:

PG - Marble
SG - Oglesby
F - Uthoff
F - White
C - Woodbury

Slight chance Gesell takes over the PG and Marble moves to the 2.

Here's my guess:

PG - Marble
SG - Oglesby
F - Uthoff
F - White
C - Woodbury

I just don't think Oglesby is a starting B1G basketball player. Marginal role player at best!

PG - Marble
SG - Gesell
F - Uthoff
F - White
C - Woodbury

---------------

I note that's 4 white guys

PG - Marble
SG - Gesell
F - Uthoff
F - White
C - Woodbury

---------------

I note that's 4 white guys

This is my guess, too. I don't think Gesell comes off the bench, but I also don't think he'll be the primary PG to start the year.

I think Fran will give the nod to Basabe early in the year, but Uthoff will take over at 3 and push White to the 4 and Basabe to the bench by mid-December.
PG: Gesell
SG: Marble
SF: White
PF: Basabe
C: Woodbury

Another one for

Marble
Gesell
White
Uthoff
Woody

I do think there could be a chance in which Josh Ogelsby or Jok could take the SG spot eventually but I think this is how they will start the season.

I think Fran will give the nod to Basabe early in the year, but Uthoff will take over at 3 and push White to the 4 and Basabe to the bench by mid-December.
PF: Basabe

I could see that or I could see Basabe following Gatens and May's path and having a terrific senior year, averaging about 10/6 a game and being a huge part of our offensive success with his 15 foot jump shot. Based on the limited evidence of the Euro trip I would lean toward the latter scenario right now.

PF: The Black Amigo

2nd team
PG: Clemmons
SG: Jok
SF: Uthoff
PF: McCabe
C: Oleseni

Sorry J.O. At least that's how I would do it. With FM, who knows. He seems to love him some JO. At least he did last year.

PG - Marble
SG - Oglesby
PF: Uthoff
C: Gabe

I think they may start Gabe early in the season to see if he can make the most of it. If not, Woody will still get the start but Gabe will get the most minutes at Center.

If gesell is hurt at beginning of season

pg - marble
sg - ogelsby
sf - white
pf - basabe
c - woodbury

if gesell is not hurt at beginning of season

pg - gesell
sg - marble
sf - white
pf - basabe
c - woodbury

big 10 season (I expect gesell to be 100% before this)

pg - gesell
sg - marble
sf - uthoff
pf - white
c - Woodbury

I would expect marble,white, mg if healthy to be a no brainer with the other 2 spots being fought between basabe-uthoff and woody- olaseni

Here's my guess:

PG - Marble
SG - Oglesby
F - Uthoff
F - White
C - Woodbury

Before Gesell was injured last spring, it was:

Marble, Gesell, White, Basabe, Woodbury

Because of this, if MG is healthy, that's what Fran will probably start with. He did go with the most-experienced starters at all positions at times in Europe:
Marble, Oglesby, White, Basabe, Olaseni

That line-up did have some attractions when JO was hitting. But when he's not...

But I look at the RDM, MG, AaW, MB, AdW line-up as the default unless there is some reason to change it. That reason would be shooting from what Fran has said concerning his improvement goals for the season. I thought JU had the edge for a change in the line-up because of his flexibility and relative experience. But the PTL and Eurotrip convinced me that, although he's going to be a great player for us, his shooting isn't a big enough part of his game to justify changing the line-up from last spring for it. Jok's shooting would have an impact and if the January starting line-up is changed for shooting, I think he has the edge over Uthoff.

The five starters from last year return. Unless Uthoff/Jok beat someone out (Basabe) I don't see that changing. Iowa has a versatile roster now, so if a starter struggles early...no worries as I think Iowa has the best bench no matter who starts in the Big Ten.

Latest posts