Predict the score against our Mountain West opponent

Joshbrown

I want to point out that Melrose; Garvey; Gester; Indiana; Fryowa; Deano; pwoudhawkeye; PC will not be offering a prediction. The reason is rather pathetic.

28-17
Hawkeye "W"

Now I welcome my manly brothers (a.k.a. REAL Hawkeyes) in tights to make a prediction.

Last edited:
I want to point out that Melrose; Garvey; Indiana; Fryowa; Deano; pwoudhawkeye; Huck; PC will not be offering a prediction. The reason is rather pathetic.

28-17
Hawkeye "W"

Now I welcome my manly brothers (a.k.a. REAL Hawkeyes) in tights to make a prediction.

and that reason is? ....

I want to point out that Melrose; Garvey; Gester; Indiana; Fryowa; Deano; pwoudhawkeye; PC will not be offering a prediction. The reason is rather pathetic.

28-17
Hawkeye "W"

Joshy, you can't lump us high quality posters in with that miserable bastard proudhawkeyefan.

That's just going too far. I thought we were cool, hunny bunny.

This feels a lot like 2013 when Iowa had a brand new QB who had never played and Iowa was opening against a good non-P5 team, NIU. IOWA ended up losing that game 30-27 when Rudock threw a pick late in the game that set up NIU's game winning FG. Of course Wyoming also will be compared to NDSU, who also beat Iowa with a last minute game winning FG.

The Wyoming game will be close and it will come down to a last minute FG, and whoever wins, depends on who gets the breaks in the game. Since Wyoming has a veteran QB facing a young Iowa secindary and Iowa has a new QB, I am guessing Wyoming will get more breaks than Iowa and wins a close game on a last minute FG

Wyoming 20, Iowa 17

27-14 Hawks

Heavy doses of Wadley and Butler along with a few extra deep shots off of PA to fake advantage of a weak defense and keep Allen off the field. The pass rush keeps him from getting comfy and his erratic accuracy costs him 2-3 picks.

I think the staff changes are going to light a fire under the Hawkeyes asses, no more of those preseason let down losses.

Iowa 43 - 24

Of course that probably won't happen and may encounter some growing pains.

Hawks win with a power running game and few tight end tosses. I'm with westender in believing the real trouble coming in Ames after cruising to a 34 - 17 win in week one.

The spread in Vegas opened at 11.5 and is currently 13 to 13.5 Hawks favored. I think that sounds about right and will go 27-14 Iowa on a beautiful day at Kinnick.

Slow offensive start...per usual. Closer than we'd like but Hawks learned from the NDSU oopsie....and we dont have 2 big runs called back...27-17 Hawks.

Aye Blinken !

I think Vegas is currently out of the loop w/ the Hawks. I have a feeling that my 7 win prediction in another thread is going to be to low. The Hawkeye pass rush will be sustainable through out the game and help keep Wyoming out of the endzone. Going to go 28-3 Hawks on a strong running game w/ some PA to keep 'em honest.