Predict Iowa's Next 7 Games

The Indiana home game was the last game on the schedule where Iowa was going to be favored...we''ll see about the Michigan game now...but in these seven games, any win by Iowa would likely be an upset.

Prior to today's game, Ken Pomeroy's predictor had Iowa winning just once more, against Michigan.

2011 scouting report for Iowa
The win at Indiana was huge in that they were well prepared to play us after the beating they took at CHA. They have also been playing very well and as the announcers were saying, "both these teams are better than their records". The confidence that can come out of a close win can help them maybe steal a game on the road. I wouldn't be shocked to see them upset Wisky this week. Even if they lose them all, if they compete strongly and are close it will show that Iowa made the right dicision with Fran. Basabe will be a beast next year and personally I think will be the talk of Big 10 along with Sullinger. Good times are coming again.

I'm not sure how many we will win but I'm so happy with the entire year. There is a real sense of hope now and have seen glimpses and now full games of what we could be with more time, recruiting and development.

The game on this list I would really relish us getting would be Wisconsin. They clearly have the better team and program. They used to where we are now before Dick Bennett and Bo Ryan showed up along with an infusion of dollars into the program for an arena, etc. This is also a team that likes to grind it out boringly in Lickligther fashion. Not too mention they are very smug about their success and our demise.

I still remember all kinds of close losses and chances to beat them at the buzzer in past seasons. That Alando Tucker banked half court shot in the Big Ten tourney still chaps my hide.

I'm not sure we can do it but boy would this one be big IMO. Especially if we can take them out of their game by imposing an up-tempo game. Now that would be great.

Last edited:
When we were 0-6 I predicted 4-5 followed by 0-3. I thought we would win 1 out of 4 at PSU, MI, IN and NW. I thought we would win the home games against Indiana, Michigan and 1 out of 3 against MSU, WI and MN. If there was another upset I mentioned Purdue on Senior Day...sending Cole out with a W. He stayed with the program when 1 after another bailed.

I'll stick with my prior prediction and say 1-6. I promised myself I wouldn't get overly optimistic...typical for me...when we got 3 or 4 wins during the softer part of the schedule. I do think we've improved. It won't shock me at all if we win all of the home games and get NW or MSU on the road. Momentum and confidence are a dangerous combination and we've got a little bit of both going.

I aint gonna predict how many more wins come. The fact that in February they have improved and seemed to "come together" is all the proof i need that this program is headed in the right direction.

We've been proud of the team playing the best at the end of the year throughout the majority of the Ferentz era in football- It's dam good to see it happen in basketball:)

I know this sounds stupid but I really can see 0-7 or 7-0. As was said before the next two games are going to be the biggest games that Iowa BBall has had in years. If you can gain some momentum heading into the Big Ten tourney anything could happen. Man it’s been a long time since I have even wanted to watch Iowa BBall. My sons actually sat down beside me and watch part of the game with me. Watching Iowa FBall is something me and my kids do together and they get just as excited about the FBall games as I do, but whenever I would sit down to watch a BBall game my kids would ask me why are you watching BBall Dad it’s not even exiting. I’m hoping that their attitude about Iowa BBall will change over time. The seeds were planed yesterday now I just need to make it grow I’m doing my part now the team has to do there’s.

I dont think I can predict the games they'll win/lose, but I agree that 2-5 seems about right. And, all things considered, winning 2 more would result in a fairly successful B10 run.

2-5, beating Minny and Michigan at home. Evanton has been a "freaking house of horrors" for Iowa, football or basketball. They beat those sombitches in Evanston and I am officially on the Coach Fran for Coach of the Year bandwagon!!

I think they get 2 of the remaining 3 home games. My guess would be they beat Wisconsin (they are not an overly athletic team, Iowa can hang) and Minnesota, which would make for a 4 game conference win streak. Not bad. With that said, I don't see them beating Purdue and imo, the remaining road venue's are to daunting. Depending on the matchup, I think they can definitely win 1 game in the BTT.

Last edited:
I think they get 2 of the remaining 3 home games. My guess would be they beat Wisconsin and Minnesota, which would make for a 4 game conference win streak. Not bad. With that said, I don't see them beating Purdue and imo, the remaining road venue's are to daunting. Depending on the matchup, I think they can definitely win 1 game in the BTT.

I think it's asking for too much to have Iowa beat both honestly. If they split than that's a success the next two games and I think they'll beat Minnesota. We played them pretty close up at their place and I don't really think they're that good.

I predict they'll win any game in which their opponent shoots poorly from 3-point range. That has been their achilles heel all season. Heck, Indiana shot 35% and we still beat them.

I predicted 5 Big Ten wins in the preseason, so that means Iowa needs to win 2 to match my prediction.

I see them going 2-5, with a slight chance to go 3-4 to end up 6-12 in conf.
Depending on who they get in the BTT they could win 1 or 2 there.

A few weeks ago, i thought for sure the season was over, after beating MSU and Indiana back to back it made me change my mind. It's gonna sound crazy, but I really could see Iowa win the next two for sure. I really think they will push Wisky and it will come down to the last 2 minutes. They just have to finish the game like they did at Indiana. Out of the next seven i see 3-4 wins.

I see 3 more wins at a minimum. Hard to predict which 3 exactly, but at this point I also don't see any reason to believe we can't win at Mich St. They are in a free fall and there is no safety net to catch them. 4 home games left, we could win any one of them. Wisconsin I see going down to the wire and probably losing a close one, but I think we beat Michigan and Minnesota at home, and pick up one more.

Has any body seen MSU play lately? They look like the worse team in the BigTen right now. I can see Iowa beating MSU and Michigan, going 2-5.

Realistically I can see them knocking off Wisky or Minny at home and beating Michigan at home to go 2-5. They could possibly get MSU again but doubtful on the road.

Kool-aid prediction: Beat Wisky, Minny, and Michigan at home and NW and MSU on the road to go 5-2. Drink up boyz!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts