Post here is you think next year gets people back on the bandwagon

People are being overly emotional and illogical ITT. I'm upset too. But if we we go 9-3 and win the big ten west with Beathard then people will be stoked on the program again.

I doubt this will happen. But be logical people.

Be logical? OK.

We have a head coach who's performance has steadily declined since 2010. It's clearly observable and has been publicly pointed out, in one way or another, by ex players, other coaches and a number of broadcasters...all groups who typically hold their tongue rather than critique a respected coach. No shortage of other media in that group either. But despite the fact that they're in pretty good position to have a well-informed opinion...we'll leave them out...along with the "emotional" fans.

It's also clearly observable that his greatest weaknesses are stubbornness, inflexibility and an unwillingness to make changes.

So how logical... would it be to expect this program to improve significantly under his continued leadership?

I hope so. I want to see Iowa football successful and I dont care who coaches it. With that said, I have my doubts about the current staff being able to get it done.

I hope his brother stays committed. Unlike Markel he actually has options.

Its possible Iowa could have a good year next year. I don't know what the odds would be, but I think the schedule is suppose to be relative easy. Nebraska will have a new coaching staff. I can see them winning eight games, but I doubt they will be a team that does well in a bowl game.

Well it'd have to start by Ferentz making either drastic changes to the staff this off season or he being replaced himself. And if neither of those things happens then it'll be pretty toxic leading up to kickoff next yr... Figure in if say CJB transfers and that'll add more fuel to the fire. So if those things happen going into next yr then it'd take them winning 8-9 games with that schedule to get people to be any thing close to being happy. 7 wins again just isn't going to cut it and I can see it being less then that...

Never off the wagon, I guess, just very disappointed each and every year to see the same game plan. This is actually like watching a loved one w/Parkinson's or Alzheimer's just deteriorate right in front of you and there's nothing you can do.....There's a reason why I visit my daughter in Colorado.....certainly helps cope w/Hawkeye fball.......;)

Nope.

Recruiting is down and Iowa's next class coming in is ranked 12th in the BIG. Losing both O tackles and the running game even this year was not up to par. Unsettled at the QB, STILL!! Losing two top D lineman. Need an upgrade (or 2) at DE. LB's still young. Bauer did a good job & have nothing against him, but it's a bad sign when a Div I team is starting walk-on Lb's. Team speed is not even close to on par. In addition lose career reception leader MM. Against Tennessee, WR's couldn't separate. This has been a problem since McNutt left. No WR separation.

All this together is a huge challenge and a lot to rectify in a short time. This does not bode well for Iowa next year, IMO.

Latest posts