Possible Transfer: Cole Huff from Nevada

Hopefully Dickerson can recruit him and Atwood to campus. Trey knows him from his So Cal HS bball days.

Yep. Michigan or Iowa??? Don't think that's a difficult decision.

Not sure its quite that simple. He is leaving Nevada bc he wants to get PT at the 3 because that is where he believes he has the best shot to make the next level. Nevada played him at the 4 bc they had someone in front of him at the 3. If he is leaving a school because he wants more minutes at a certain position that doesnt necessarily make UM more appealing than Iowa. As far as I know we will have minutes for him at the 3. It may be crowded depending on where we put Atwood if we get him, a big if right now. But some have said he can play the 3 or the 4. And I am not sure if Hutton plays a 2/3. But, we may offer more in the way of PT for him at the 3 than UM does. So, may still be in play here. Plus like others have mentioned he does know Dickerson from playing high school against him in socal.

I'll bet much mones that he stays on the west coast. Why else would he have a pow wow with the AD to have five schools greenlit?

It's a 'premium' article from Kakert, so I don't know the details, but Iowa is flying an assistant out to meet with him and his family.

Boo....

clint parks ‏@Brotherhood05·18 mins
UCLA has requested and received Cole Huff release

Sure looks like it. He likes the long athletic guys that have a handle and can shoot. Hopefully even play alittle defense.... His highlight tape from highschool he looks like a man amongst boys didn't look like the stingiest of competition. But he can put the ball in the hole he's not shy and he certainly has a handle. Not sure about how his time at Nevada went other then his stats haven't seen any tape of him from there.

Can he put the ball in the hole with less than five minutes left in the game. We seem to be lacking this skill and hopefully we can recruit players who have this ability.

We ain't getting Huff....

He will probably pick a big program out west still somewhere.

Or Michigan.

We don't win these battles.

We ain't getting Huff....

He will probably pick a big program out west still somewhere.

Or Michigan.

We don't win these battles.

I'll be the first to say that I think people give Fran a lil too much credit but Fran straight up won the battle for Woody when it seemed unlikely. Granted this kid isn't homegrown but thats still an example of one I would say people would have said we don't win because we all know how many Roy has picked out from our state.

Woody was a MUCH easier get IMHO. That kid was from right here and grew up a hawkeye fan. Big difference, EVEN when UNC came calling. Fran just had to convince him the program wasn't gonna be complete dogshat to get him to sign up. Same with Gesell.

Not always. Besides, Jon doesn't maintain a very active Facebook or Twitter account anymore. Not to derail this thread, but Hawkeye Heaven posts every single day with stuff I didn't already know...birthdays of players and coaches for example and other sports updates besides basketball, football and wrestling. The guy running it is a military veteran with a great family and he is a huge Hawk fan as well.

Why not follow him?

I see what you did here. Like

Don't let the fact we win a battle like this every year sway anyone's opinion that we can't win a battle like this. Starting with Dickerson and dating back to day one with Marble, there isn't a high profile player missing from a single class, all cover the criteria that Huff falls under. Competing schools, transfer issues nor hometown location have stopped Fran from at least reeling in one big-time prospect in each of those years, and probably Marble spurning Michigan was our lowest ranked score.

Don't let the fact we win a battle like this every year sway anyone's opinion that we can't win a battle like this. Starting with Dickerson and dating back to day one with Marble, there isn't a high profile player missing from a single class, all cover the criteria that Huff falls under. Competing schools, transfer issues nor hometown location have stopped Fran from at least reeling in one big-time prospect in each of those years, and probably Marble spurning Michigan was our lowest ranked score.
Pretty sure Dev didn't have a michigan offer...http://sports.yahoo.com/iowa/basketball/recruiting/player-Roy-Marble Jr.-92801

Visited on 10/9 but didn't commit until three months before the visit? I'm skeptical.

Though I am puzzled to see him that year. I don't know why I forgot the class we just now graduated, but the year after that Aaron White is going to be the strongest recruit, so I was off a little on the details here. That's what I get for taking the bait from the obvious troll up there.

And that you can see the fact that our AD didnt condem transfers....the exact reason for your turn around
Its called ummmmmmmm hypocracy. Yes.
Did Iowa's AD say anything negative about transfers? Ummmmmmm no. Some fans did.
So get back on your "dynasty" board and please dont recruit our committed players pawlee. Biggest hypocrite university in the NCAA

Latest posts