Positive from Iowa/Wisconsin game...

Positive:

One representative of Iowa did pretty well on national TV tonight.

Katelyn Epperle did just fine with a Coldplay song. A bit too slow, but she has a great voice and great brea...thing techniques when she sings.

Siobhan singing Aretha was SICK (in a good way).

1.) Who the hell is Katelyn Epperle?
2.) Coldplay sucks.

1.) Who the hell is Katelyn Epperle?
2.) Coldplay sucks.

1) Katelyn is a West Des Moines resident who is currently on this little known TV reality series called "American Idol". She is in the Top 20 out of over 100,000 people who tried out. Not bad.

2) If Coldplay, by your definition, 'sucks'....then what is the word you use to describe Iowa basketball?

1) Katelyn is a West Des Moines resident who is currently on this little known TV reality series called "American Idol". She is in the Top 20 out of over 100,000 people who tried out. Not bad.

2) If Coldplay, by your definition, 'sucks'....then what is the word you use to describe Iowa basketball?
I think he would probably say "improving.":D

I know the type of "singers" that come out of American Idol. I'm not sure why anyone who likes music would watch it.

Iowa Basketball is very very bad right now, but it still doesn't make Coldplay any better of a band or Chris Martin any less of a hack.

Didn't watch the game last night (thankfully)

What happended in it that should get us excited for next year like some on here are saying?

He's been hitting his FT's this year pretty well. I was surprised he missed.

Edit: Entering the game he was shooting 81% from the line.

Still like Brommer better than Cougill at this point. Cougs is stationary, slow and not as strong as Brommer. Plus he doesn't play defense as well. Not that Brommer is setting the world on fire in those departments either.

I just Googled it. Apparently she is on American Idol.

I don't care how embarrassing Iowa BB is, I'm not going to be caught watching American freaking Idol. Now that's embarrassing.

I wouldn't be caught watching either program right now. What is really embarrassing is the all time new low Iowa bball has sunk to, and people still think Lick is the answer. Give me a break.

I saw a post on Cyclone Fanatic that said Brommer not only dunked, but got fouled on the play as well.

Confirm?

This was the biggest positive for me in the game. When I first say the play in real time I thought who the heck was that? Did Iowa bring a new walk-on on the team?

I couldn't believe it was Brommer. I have done a complete 180 on my opinion of Brommer. Previously I wasn't going to be to worked up if he left the program after the season. Now, I would be very disappointed if Lick doesn't keep him. Other than Fuller, I think Brommer has made the most improvement on the team.

He's not going to be a game changer, but he could be a solid inside man for us.