Portal needs

Did Arlan Bruce play this year? I saw Keagan Johnson gained three receptions but only had about 60% of the yards of the season he played in 9 (21) games, although he played in 10 games in 23. That's what transferring did to Keagan.
Doesn't look like he played at all for Okie State. Not sure what the story is there.

Doesn't look like he played at all for Okie State. Not sure what the story is there.
Bruce may never play a game again. His suspension may be reduced but right now he's a lifetime ban, I believe but could be wrong. Bet on a game in which he was playing-and dropped a TD pass. Did not cooperate with NCAA or criminal investigation. He's not a sympathetic picture, especially in light of the Noah Shannon career ending suspension.

Bruce may never play a game again. His suspension may be reduced but right now he's a lifetime ban, I believe but could be wrong. Bet on a game in which he was playing-and dropped a TD pass. Did not cooperate with NCAA or criminal investigation. He's not a sympathetic picture, especially in light of the Noah Shannon career ending suspension.
I think the legal thing was dismissed

In case you are wondering, lots of schools have already finalized their future coordinators:

Starting to hear rumblings that Kirk will bring back a 70 year-old KOK to run the offense, just as a metaphorical middle finger to everyone. Talk me off the ledge on this one...he wouldn't do that...would he?

Starting to hear rumblings that Kirk will bring back a 70 year-old KOK to run the offense, just as a metaphorical middle finger to everyone. Talk me off the ledge on this one...he wouldn't do that...would he?

Still an upgrade, though.

No he won’t.

I don’t think Hill makes a roster anywhere else and Kirk likes him so I’d bet he stays.
He was headed to some school I'd never heard of before Iowa scooped him up in the portal. Add that to the reasons I fear Budmayr becoming the next OC.

He was headed to some school I'd never heard of before Iowa scooped him up in the portal. Add that to the reasons I fear Budmayr becoming the next OC.
I don't know if Iowas fan base revolting on social media would have the same effect that TNs would have but if KF does that Iowas fans won't like it at all... And they'll pull what TNs did with their HC coaching vacancy a few yrs back with Schiano and all that. Let's hope KF can read the room before he just up and does that..

Does anyone else wish we had the future OC plan ironed out by this point?
Do you realize that would exclude anyone currently under contract? That rules out the OC for virtually every D1 team with a winning record-and I don't see a team preparing for a bowl game giving Iowa permission to poach a coach during bowl prep.

We now have an (interim) AD in place that probably won't let this happen. We are past the good old boy days for Kirk to bring in "his guy"

Perhaps it's time to stop regarding McNamara as some modern Moses who will lead us to the promised land. In this case, Moses has had two knee repairs, a bad quadricep and has been mediocre at best in his brief playing time during the last two seasons.
McNamara and Hill are not the solution to the offensive problems at Iowa.
In this situation I don't think they're looking at Cade to be that guy on the field. I think they're looking at him to remain that leader in the locker room to help keep what talent we have out of the portal. He didn't perform as we'd hoped on the field, but there was no question that he was influential and a leader amongst his teammates. At this time I think it's that locker room presence and leadership we want from him.

Okay, I will go with the leadership thing, however, can't score points from the locker room, and the comment McNamara and Hill are not the solution, spot on.

Latest posts