Poor Nebby

Hawkfnntn

Looks like Dana Altman told them thanks but no thanks. If Osborne thought that he could find an upgrade for Doc Sadler he's finding that a tougher chore then he thought.

Dana Altman? Like from Oregon? I find it hard to believe that he was a target.

There was actually a little talk of this during the Iowa/Oregon game on Sunday.

I was shocked when they let Sadler go. Who are they going to get that is better than him? They are counting on that new practice facility to lure a good coach.

Living in Omaha I hear alot of the names supposedly on the list. So far I have heard: Bruce Pearl, Larry Eustachy, Steve Alford, Altman, Shaka (VCU) and Marshall (Wichita State). Marshall and Altman have both supposedly said they aren't interested and Shaka looks to be the front runner for Illinois. I think Pearl or Eustachy would actually be a really good hire for them and I can only hope for Alford. From the radio shows the last couple of days its starting to sound like they aren't getting interest from anywhere they probe. The funny thing is all the fans that are calling in are saying stuff like 'we need a big name coach, someone who has coached at the top level, someone who has gone far in the dance, etc, etc,' which I just don't see happening. None of them want to consider a midmajor coach who hasnt gone to the Sweet 16, for whatever reason they think they are above that. Look at what McCaffery has done at Iowa so far, he was an off the radar guy but is shaping up to be a great fit.

Living in Omaha I hear alot of the names supposedly on the list. So far I have heard: Bruce Pearl, Larry Eustachy, Steve Alford, Altman, Shaka (VCU) and Marshall (Wichita State). Marshall and Altman have both supposedly said they aren't interested and Shaka looks to be the front runner for Illinois. I think Pearl or Eustachy would actually be a really good hire for them and I can only hope for Alford. From the radio shows the last couple of days its starting to sound like they aren't getting interest from anywhere they probe. The funny thing is all the fans that are calling in are saying stuff like 'we need a big name coach, someone who has coached at the top level, someone who has gone far in the dance, etc, etc,' which I just don't see happening. None of them want to consider a midmajor coach who hasnt gone to the Sweet 16, for whatever reason they think they are above that. Look at what McCaffery has done at Iowa so far, he was an off the radar guy but is shaping up to be a great fit.
With the 3-year show-cause penalty, there is no way Pearl is a possible candidate.

The embarrassment of Nebraska basketball is almost more than I can take. Was it not an option to just bring them in as a football team only?

come on guys i have worked in nebraska for years all over as electrician. nothing wrong with nebraska and the people that lives there! and naturally i love having nebraska in our conference. its perfect fit, perfect rival......

Shaka is staying at VCU, supposedly.

I don't know who would want to coach at Nebraska, other than, you know, the guy they just canned. When you have zero NCAA tournament wins, and you are THE definition of a football school, you will have a tough time getting anyone to come coach your basketball program. If the Dana Altman posts are true that's downright laughable. I understand his history with Nebraska, but why on Earth would you leave Nike to coach at Nebraska?

Latest posts