Poll: Nebraska/Frost: Would you rather?

Would you rather

• Frost shoots down Nebraska and see the fans melt down

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Frost goes to Nebraska and fails miserably and leaves the fans living even more in the past

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over on the Husker board, they're touting themselves as a top 5 program.

I lived in Nebraska for 4 years. People think ISU fans are delusional. Fuskers truly believe this stuff. They'd go 8-4 and honestly believe they should be in the nat'l championship game because they got screwed by the refs 4 times and played the toughest schedule in the nation. It's not at all believable unless you live there and experience it every. freaking. day. all. day. long. year. after. year. It never ends.

It's kinda like when people on here said we were great in the 80s so that's what we should expect. You can't expect the highest of highs in the history of your program to be your average seasons. There is a reason they were your highest highs. Nebraska had a perfect storm of luck go their way to make them who they were, but it was never going to be sustainable. Just like Wisconsin now. Sometime in the next 10-30 years, they will be somewhere between middle of the pack to bottom of the pack. They have too many disadvantages to sustain that level of success for too long.

It's kinda like when people on here said we were great in the 80s so that's what we should expect. You can't expect the highest of highs in the history of your program to be your average seasons. There is a reason they were your highest highs. Nebraska had a perfect storm of luck go their way to make them who they were, but it was never going to be sustainable. Just like Wisconsin now. Sometime in the next 10-30 years, they will be somewhere between middle of the pack to bottom of the pack. They have too many disadvantages to sustain that level of success for too long.

I'm gonna hate myself for saying this, I HATE Nebraska and their entitled fans, but I gotta disagree with you a little. Being in the Big 12 Nebraska had a good pipeline of recruits coming out of the south which dried up once they moved to the Big Ten. Firing Solich also had a huge negative impact as it started their coaching carousal and then they screwed up again firing Bo Pelini.

They are now a program in shambles, they've lost their reputation to recruits losing ground to both Iowa AND Iowa State. Kids don't care that they were good back in the 90s.

And their population is huge compared to Nebraska.

Choice is too difficult.

Kind of like this...

blonde-vs-brunette-jennifer-lawrence.jpg

I'm gonna hate myself for saying this, I HATE Nebraska and their entitled fans, but I gotta disagree with you a little. Being in the Big 12 Nebraska had a good pipeline of recruits coming out of the south which dried up once they moved to the Big Ten. Firing Solich also had a huge negative impact as it started their coaching carousal and then they screwed up again firing Bo Pelini.

They are now a program in shambles, they've lost their reputation to recruits losing ground to both Iowa AND Iowa State. Kids don't care that they were good back in the 90s.
When you say you have to disagree, do you mean the part where I say Nebraska isn't a school that can stay good forever? If a school like Michigan makes a bad hire, they can recover within a decade because of all their advantages. If a school like Nebraska makes a bad hire, they can easily lose their foothold forever.

I doubt they will ever be a consistent top 10 program again. Let alone top 5 like they were.

I live in FL, and Frost will have a lot of pressure to win at UF, trust me. But at least there is a lot of in-state talent, unlike in NE where its low population but still high pressure to win. Easier to win a UF than at Nebby, and not even close IMO. Depends on what Frost wants, but if it was me, I'd take the FL job, if I was gonna make a move, so I'm with you there.

I think Frost could break the bank and he's young enough to recover his career if he bombs at kNU. PLUS...they'll figure out some really inventive academic "processes."

Nebraska has absolutely lost all of their identity. The walk on program is all but dead, their defense is shitty and they don’t run the ball anymore. Leaving the Big 12 probably was the worst decision they could have made for that program. The recruiting grounds they had success in are gone, the areas they play in now are already carved up and heavily covered, and west coast kids who aren’t absolute 5 star athletes with sheer God given talent just don’t make as big of difference in phone booth football as they hoped. Nebraska is in real trouble, I think. Frost or not.

When you say you have to disagree, do you mean the part where I say Nebraska isn't a school that can stay good forever? If a school like Michigan makes a bad hire, they can recover within a decade because of all their advantages. If a school like Nebraska makes a bad hire, they can easily lose their foothold forever.

I doubt they will ever be a consistent top 10 program again. Let alone top 5 like they were.

I think Nebraska would still be a power house had they stayed in the B12. But you do make a good point on the bad coaching hire, with the carousel they have going on now it will be much tougher for them to come back from. You're right in that they don't have the recruiting grounds like a Michigan.

Nebby lost their edge when they started limiting scholarships but especially when they tightened up the walk on rules. There were so many big strong NE kids who would walkon and workout and wait their turn that Nebby was always stocked in the offensive and defensive lines, Lbkr, fullback, etc. Nebby just needed to find a few other skill position athletes for each year to be great as they pounded people with strength.
Hammer strength started there, IIRC.

I think Nebraska would still be a power house had they stayed in the B12. But you do make a good point on the bad coaching hire, with the carousel they have going on now it will be much tougher for them to come back from. You're right in that they don't have the recruiting grounds like a Michigan.
No, it won't. They have money and tradition. They just need a coach who can recruit and won't lose.

Look. Every program gets 85 schollies, is on T.V. every weekend, and had league revenue sharing. Every team buys 3 wins a year. All ANY team anywhere needs is a coach who the blue chips think will get them famous enough for the league to come calling. That's vastly easier at traditional schools because they are talked about nationally.

If Nebby gets ten wins into the season, just watch the national media and hype train Stuart rolling. If that ever happens again, Iowa is done in the West. Don't kid yourselves. Nebraska is a sleeping giant, who, unlike us, does not care how they win.

Latest posts