Poll: Nebraska/Frost: Would you rather?

Would you rather

• Frost shoots down Nebraska and see the fans melt down

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • Frost goes to Nebraska and fails miserably and leaves the fans living even more in the past

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

99topdawg

The fan base is all in on him. He's going to come in and restore the glory of the past. He'll bring back steroids, hiding guns, sneaking in players that are not eligible academically, making sure guys that are arrested aren't, doctoring failed drug tests, etc.

Nebby lost their edge when they started limiting scholarships but especially when they tightened up the walk on rules. There were so many big strong NE kids who would walkon and workout and wait their turn that Nebby was always stocked in the offensive and defensive lines, Lbkr, fullback, etc. Nebby just needed to find a few other skill position athletes for each year to be great as they pounded people with strength.

I don't have an opinion about the poll one way or the other but I do find it interesting that no news came out of Lincoln which I expected right after the game finished the way it went down yesterday. I see now that Nebraska has fired Riley but the delay in the announcement tells me that things don't seem all that certain as to which direction they will go. Frost to Florida makes the most sense to me and it would relieve him of the pressure he would face at Nebraska. It would also allow him a bit more home time when it comes to recruiting which no doubt seems a priority having just had a child. Very interesting to see who they end up with at Nebraska and I would put my money on a name the fans don't necessarily expect.

Last edited:
I don't have an opinion about the poll one way or the other but I do find it interesting that no news came out of Lincoln which I expected right after the game finished the way it went down yesterday. I see now that Nebraska has fired Riley but the delay in the announcement tells me that things don't seem all that certain as to which direction they will go. Frost to Florida makes the most sense to me and it would relieve him of the pressure he would face at Nebraska. It would also allow him a bit more home time when it comes to recruiting which no doubt seems a priority having just had a child. Very interesting to see who they end up with at Nebraska and I would put my money on a name the fans don't necessarily expect.

I live in FL, and Frost will have a lot of pressure to win at UF, trust me. But at least there is a lot of in-state talent, unlike in NE where its low population but still high pressure to win. Easier to win a UF than at Nebby, and not even close IMO. Depends on what Frost wants, but if it was me, I'd take the FL job, if I was gonna make a move, so I'm with you there.

Not everyone wants to go “home.” It would be funny to see a Nebraska born, Nebraska raised, Husker champion say thanks but no thanks to today’s husker dumpster fire.

I live in FL, and Frost will have a lot of pressure to win at UF, trust me. But at least there is a lot of in-state talent, unlike in NE where its low population but still high pressure to win. Easier to win a UF than at Nebby, and not even close IMO. Depends on what Frost wants, but if it was me, I'd take the FL job, if I was gonna make a move, so I'm with you there.

I live in Florida too so I totally get the mentality down here when it comes to college football. Nebraska to me seems like a different kind of pressure with people expecting you to come in and restore the program to the glory days which likely won't happen whoever takes over. I would take the Florida job just to avoid winters in the Midwest :)

Over on the Husker board, they're touting themselves as a top 5 program.

I lived in Nebraska for 4 years. People think ISU fans are delusional. Fuskers truly believe this stuff. They'd go 8-4 and honestly believe they should be in the nat'l championship game because they got screwed by the refs 4 times and played the toughest schedule in the nation. It's not at all believable unless you live there and experience it every. freaking. day. all. day. long. year. after. year. It never ends.

At least they still have their phony sellout streak...

sellout-jpg.51938

Not everyone wants to go “home.” It would be funny to see a Nebraska born, Nebraska raised, Husker champion say thanks but no thanks to today’s husker dumpster fire.

Keep in mind Frost spurned the Fuskers once already back when he had the option to join as a O coordinator but he decided to go to Stanford instead. There was some real butt hurt Fuskers fans over that. Fast forward to today and I think most the fans have gotten over that decision but Frost might have saved some of the hate mail he received.

I think Frost could make them respectable again and they'd be a lot more patient with him than other coaches. Keep the coaching carousal going.

Over on the Husker board, they're touting themselves as a top 5 program.

I lived in Nebraska for 4 years. People think ISU fans are delusional. Fuskers truly believe this stuff. They'd go 8-4 and honestly believe they should be in the nat'l championship game because they got screwed by the refs 4 times and played the toughest schedule in the nation. It's not at all believable unless you live there and experience it every. freaking. day. all. day. long. year. after. year. It never ends.
Notre Dame fans are the same way. Maybe worse.

Latest posts