Please come off the ledge...

Iowa is a damn good Mid Major team. Put us in Siennas conference and we win 30 games.

I do like the team. But we are not elite athletes.

If this team had a Ulis type PG, we would be an elite 8 team.
So Ulis would make a good mid-major team an elite 8 team.

you're full of crap.

Well, Number One Tennessee, Go Figure that one out, has 14 points near the 6-minute mark in the first half. at home against 9-10 West Virginia. They have had several shots roll off the rim.....

Damn

Guess it happens to the best of us whether we are playing a top five team or a team with a losing record.....

Go figure

Some people that call themselves Hawk fans are laughable. Evidently, if they even played sports, they were the most elite athletes of all time. Never had an off night, never missed a shot, never let an opponent score, certainly NEVER lost a game to a team that was just better because there weren't any. Went undefeated since birth pretty much. Now they are doing the same in their careers, they have no one that performs at their level and all their co-workers are just underachieving piles along for the ride on their coattails. They have a model for a wife. Just the pinnacle of success in all they have ever done, which makes it really difficult to relate to those that are less gifted. Must be a miserable existance...

16-4 smoke and mirrors. Michigan St answered our questions

How is it smoke and mirrors? All 4 losses are to top 11 teams if you look at Pomeroy. We have wins over ISU (#10), Nebraska (#18), Ohio State (#31), Oregon (#54), Northwestern (#57), Pitt (#65), and PSU (#68). Illinois and UConn are also top 90 Pomeroy wins. Thus far we have avoided any bad losses. We haven't been able to say that this late in the season under Fran in quite a while. The next several games will tell us a lot more than a loss to a top 5 team does.

I can see the ledge and it's coming up fast! There's a good chance I'll be jumping in about 45 minutes.

If you are on the ledge because we lost to MSU, I can’t image where you will be when we finish the next 3 games and we went 0-4 or 1-3 in those games (MSU, Minny, Michigan, and Indy).

Bump. Lets just hope we can beat IU @ IU.

I wish I had mod powers so I could ban you. You're the lamest troll on this board.

shutterstock_198223583.jpg

I'm still not on the ledge. Just more confirmation that this team is basically what I suspected.

Decent team that may make the dance, but doesn't play good enough team D consistently enough to win games on the road against roughly equal opponents like Minnesota, or go past the first weekend of the tournament etc.

Joe Wieskamp on Journey now.
What a great kid, and a Hawkeye.
Thankful for him, and his family.

A lot of perspective is always good.

I'm still not on the ledge. Just more confirmation that this team is basically what I suspected.

Decent team that may make the dance, but doesn't play good enough team D consistently enough to win games on the road against roughly equal opponents like Minnesota, or go past the first weekend of the tournament etc.

I am actually not on the ledge at all. Going into this season I thought it would take a miracle to even MAKE THE NCAA's. That is still firmly in sight and a possibility, even is we do go 1-3 or 0-4 in this stretch. We aren't a great team, we aren't a team that can make a run in the B1G tournament or NCAA tournament. I just want to make the NCAA and see if we can win 1 game there.

Latest posts