Playoff/Iowa

Don't be bitter just because you got smoked by Miami in the Rose Bowl. You didn't even deserve to be on the field with them so you should have just been grateful for the opportunity.
Couldn't care less, but at least that game had national significance. Unlike some of the epic Wisconsin-UCLA or Washington-Purdue matchups the Rose Bowl had "treated" us to.

Edit: We didn't deserve to be there, just like Bama didn't in 2011, right?

The good thing about it is it only allows further momentum for leading to a larger playoff. Good or bad for the sport this is going to push them further towards that, when they see the light of how profitable it is.

People that love college football will still love regular season with a playoff. I still tune into NFL regular season. College is played with a different youthful energy then the Pro's and offenses are much more different from team to team, there is a 100 plus teams. You still have plenty of differences between the two entertainments. Get over the regular season being lower draw, because a larger playoffs is just a matter of time, maybe 6 years but its going to happen.

Last edited:
I agree that post 98 the Rose Bowl has been degraded,but this was our last chance to restore the conferences and bowls back to their former greatness

Plus One...call your commissioner and college president.

Big Ten champs vs Pac 12 champs every single year in the Rose Bowl.
SEC and Big 12 champs in the Sugar Bowl every single year.
ACC Champs vs top at large team in the Orange Bowl every single year.
Two top at large teams in the Fiesta Bowl every single year.

The greatest day of the year in college football annually...New Years Day!

And then,let the committee select the two best survivors...and have your title game.

Winning your league would be paramount to guarantee a slot on New Years Day.
Losing more than one would kill anyones chances for an at large bid.
Regular season full of drama.
New Years Day is special.
And the Title Game is enormous.....whats not to like?

I agree that post 98 the Rose Bowl has been degraded,but this was our last chance to restore the conferences and bowls back to their former greatness

And then,let the committee select the two best survivors...and have your title game.

Not a bad idea, but I would prefer 8 team playoff, quarters at home stadiums, semis either at home or at former BCS sites, and championship at another BCS site.

It sounds pretty cool... but of course the Orange Bowl and Fiesta Bowl would never, ever agree to it. So would you rather have the stupid system we have or an improved but flawed system moving forward? Because you can write letters until your hand breaks but the system you've just posted will never come to be.

Of course, there are huge problems with your system, too. Let's say that last year it matched up LSU vs. OKlahoma State in the Sugar Bowl, Oregon and Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, Alabama and Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl, and Stanford and Arkansas in the Fiesta Bowl. Oregon, LSU, Alabama, and Stanford all win. Who plays for the title?

Or, if you really want to put a monkey wrench into it, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin, Alabama, and Arkansas all win. Who plays for the title?

I agree, plus one is really the only logical solution for all sides. But I would not take away the Big 12 from the Fiesta Bowl. But in put the top BCS at larges in those positions and you have a winner. Let the BCS determine who plays in the NC game just like they do now but let it be determined after the bowl games have been played.

Ok,I am fine with the
SEC Champ vs at large in the Sugar
Big 12 Champ vs at large in the Fiesta
ACC Champ vs at large in the Orange.
Big Ten vs Pac 12 in the Rose.

Would it be perfect every year? No...but that would just stir the pot for college football debate,which is like hot stove for baseball.

I have to agree with the comment about attempting to fix the problem at the back end.

I have to agree with the comments about a stronger non-conference schedule.

We're on the way, slowly, to addressing the front end problem of college football. This will get addressed by necessity. Or someone will push it more quickly with a super conference. It will happen grudgingly.

A stronger non-conference schedule, and eventually the B1G playing conference games all 12 weeks will come sooner. Within 3-5 years is my guess. Sooner is my wish, as it is clearly in our best interest.

I have to agree with the comment about attempting to fix the problem at the back end.

I have to agree with the comments about a stronger non-conference schedule.

We're on the way, slowly, to addressing the front end problem of college football. This will get addressed by necessity. Or someone will push it more quickly with a super conference. It will happen grudgingly.

A stronger non-conference schedule, and eventually the B1G playing conference games all 12 weeks will come sooner. Within 3-5 years is my guess. Sooner is my wish, as it is clearly in our best interest.

It would be nice to see the SEC take on another SEC team or Div 1 school instead of facing Cupcake U during the final month of the season

The Big Ten is not going to play 12 conference games. That's crazy talk.

Playing conference games all 12 weeks, and playing 12 conference games are not one in the same sir.

You are correct, they will never play 12 conference games. I am correct, they will eventually be playing conference games all 12 weeks.

Playing conference games all 12 weeks, and playing 12 conference games are not one in the same sir.

You are correct, they will never play 12 conference games. I am correct, they will eventually be playing conference games all 12 weeks.

Gotcha. Sorry for the confusion. Someone was suggesting 12 conference games a while back. Thought that was what you were getting at.

What's the advantage to playing conf games every week?

Gotcha. Sorry for the confusion. Someone was suggesting 12 conference games a while back. Thought that was what you were getting at.

What's the advantage to playing conf games every week?

Keep it interesting for fans. Also, I believe (others disagree strongly) it makes a better team at the end of the year. So does a stronger non-conference schedule.

For example, this year Michigan plays Alabama. Under the present system, when Michigan inevitably loses, they are almost out of the hunt. They'd need to win every game they have left to even have a chance.

If everyone starts playing these games, it gets interesting. Especially when a selection committee is involved, and if we throw out the sportswriter's polls, and specifically the coaches poll.

Keep it interesting for fans. Also, I believe (others disagree strongly) it makes a better team at the end of the year. So does a stronger non-conference schedule.

For example, this year Michigan plays Alabama. Under the present system, when Michigan inevitably loses, they are almost out of the hunt. They'd need to win every game they have left to even have a chance.

If everyone starts playing these games, it gets interesting. Especially when a selection committee is involved, and if we throw out the sportswriter's polls, and specifically the coaches poll.

I'm all for better non-conference schedules for everyone. And really, playing 11 BT games (not 12, obviously) would actually be my ideal scenario (though it'll never happen).

I'm all for better non-conference schedules for everyone. And really, playing 11 BT games (not 12, obviously) would actually be my ideal scenario (though it'll never happen).

I agree. I love Iowa football. I also love college football. Nothing better than after the Iowa game, watching college football (good games, not the garbage we get now) until I fall asleep on Saturday.

The idea of a playoff was great, the idea that came out of these meetings is ********* ******* assjuice drenched ********.

The BCS games should have been the playoffs.

Rose: B1G Champ vs. P12 Champ
Orange: ACC vs. Big East
Sugar: SEC vs. At Large
Fiesta: Big12 vs. At Large

But the point is, that Iowa and most of the Big Ten's goal is to win the conference championship, that is the only thing they can control.

Well I'm sorry, but why do we have these posts where all the key words are **************************. I have a problem figuting out what the **** all these *s mean.

Latest posts