Playoff Expansion

I agree with you that Bama rightfully belonged and did prove themselves Champions that year and see where your coming from. My issue though is that every game should matter across the board, if say a conference championship loss eliminates a division champ from making the playoffs I don't see how a team could logically sneak in without even a division crown. Especially if they're using any type of rankings or polls to determine who's playoff worthy when those very same polls are bias.
The goal should be to get the best 12 teams. If you start making a bunch of scenarios that exclude teams, I don't think you get the best 12.

Again, you don’t matter. If the kids want to play another game, I think that is great. This is about them, not us.

Dude, I was talking about the "13th team" meaning the kids! My ENTIRE post was focused on the players. I realize nobody gives a shit if I think the games matter or not, beside if Iowa is playing in a football game I'll be watching it even if it is no-name bowl game.

Assumption should be if you aren't in the top 5, you have no right to complain about "not being selected." Odd team out, try again next year.

Dude, I was talking about the "13th team" meaning the kids! My ENTIRE post was focused on the players. I realize nobody gives a shit if I think the games matter or not, beside if Iowa is playing in a football game I'll be watching it even if it is no-name bowl game.
OK

Bowl system was ruined when they started having 20+ bowl games that morphed into 40+, including teams with losing records. All but 6-8 of them are meaningless exhibitions that you literally have to do nothing to get qualified for.
^^This 1000%^^

I've been chuckling at the "bowl system" for years. It's watered-down and basically worthless. The 2015 Rose Bowl invite was nothing more than a consolation prize.

12 teams won't ruin things. It'll only ramp up the interest. Was the NCAA BB tourney "ruined" when it expanded in the past? Hardly.

Was ice fishing with my boy during the Pinstripe Bowl. Had it recorded but never watched. Saw the highlights when we got back to our hotel room at Boji and that was good enough. I've never missed a regular season game in my life that I can remember but bowl games are during peak ice fishing season. I have the week between Xmas and NY off every year and I usually take my kid out for a week on the ice.

Would have stayed home that day if it were a NY6 (i.e. real) bowl game.
Iowa could have gone ice fishing AT the Pinstripe Bowl.

On the field.

They do show that game on BTN archives once in a while.

^^This 1000%^^

I've been chuckling at the "bowl system" for years. It's watered-down and basically worthless. The 2015 Rose Bowl invite was nothing more than a consolation prize.

12 teams won't ruin things. It'll only ramp up the interest. Was the NCAA BB tourney "ruined" when it expanded in the past? Hardly.

The more relevant question is whether the National Invitational Tournament was ruined by the NCAA tournament. I would say no. I still wear my NIT Runner Up t-shirt.

The more relevant question is whether the National Invitational Tournament was ruined by the NCAA tournament. I would say no. I still wear my NIT Runner Up t-shirt.
Even though I know that shirt doesn’t exist, I’ll trade you my copy of Hawkeye Fever for it

As a young kid in the 80s I used to look forward to bowl season because it meant the roughly top 25 teams got to duke it out with each other.

Now I just laugh at it. 84 teams "make" bowl games now. It's a complete joke.
Yep, it meant something special when Hayden started getting us into the bowl scene. Now it just means we beat the three pre-conference patsies and the one mid-tier team and then went on to beat the lower tier conference teams to get our usual 7.5 win average. Just add water and wallah you have your bowl game.

Latest posts