Player Spears Ref

Bro, let's keep things separated. No, this vicious attack was unacceptable and should be punished. Period.

But, if the referee did use racial slurs that should also be investigated and punished.

The two are separate and do not impact each other at all. Both are bad.

Should be easy enough. Like, say, finding ANY credible evidence he has directed racial slurs to players or coaches in the past.

But again, as I said, it will be used as an excuse. Between racial slurs, bad calls and a coach's "urging", they're bound to get sympathy from SOME person or group.

They deserve NO sympathy. They could have killed or seriously injured that official. NOTHING excuses it. NOTHING.

I stand by my point. Their attack was vicious and horrible and should be punished harshly.

But if the ref did use racial slurs, that should be punished as well. But they're separate problems. Neither excuses the other.

Also, your backhanded comment about a "certain president" was neither funny nor insightful. Just hatemongering.

The comment about POTUS wasn't hate-mongering. It was fact. This country has been split apart by manufactured hate the past several years. Facts have been distorted or ignored in the name of "righting past wrongs".

Should be easy enough. Like, say, finding ANY credible evidence he has directed racial slurs to players or coaches in the past.

But again, as I said, it will be used as an excuse. Between racial slurs, bad calls and a coach's "urging", they're bound to get sympathy from SOME person or group.

They deserve NO sympathy. They could have killed or seriously injured that official. NOTHING excuses it. NOTHING.

Have you been reading anything I've said? I've specifically stated that there is no excuse for it. Multiple times.

The comment about POTUS wasn't hate-mongering. It was fact. This country has been split apart by manufactured hate the past several years. Facts have been distorted or ignored in the name of "righting past wrongs".

So are we just ignoring the fact that you said POTUS's kid would play football just like the two kids from John Jay? Because I can't think of a single reason why you would surmise such a fact. I think it's pretty well established that his kids would play basketball.

You ever heard of the old west? Society as a whole is getting less and less violent as time goes on. I think the fact that most of us recognize this incident as ridiculous is proof of that.

The "Old West" was not anything like what is portrayed on TV.

I don't think anybody finds it acceptable. The fact that it seems to happen more often now than in the past is an artifact of YouTube and infinite connectedness. Almost everybody has a smartphone and a data plan. Things that happen in one corner of the world are immediately available to view in the opposite corner of the same world. All you have to do is look back at history and find that these are the sorts of things that have always been part of human nature. We're only more aware of them (there's a great book by Nassim Taleb called "Black Swan" that discusses this in further detail).

Example: https://en.whttps://en.wikipedia.or...nerikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_of_Charles_Sumner
Two priveleged old white dudes. One didn't like a speech the other gave. So he beat him senseless with a cane on the floor of the US Senate.

See? Nothing new here.

Agree. Like I said, it happened in the past. But now more prevalent and more violent. Like motorists getting in a gunfight over a parking spot.