Player Spears Ref

Should be the end of these kids HS football careers and rightfully so. My guess is the idea to do this came from the coaches, I doubt the kids concocted the plan on their own, not that it would exonerate the players from any resposibility if that were the case. I've officiated HS sports for 15 years; the players usually aren't the problem, the coaches and fans (usually parents) generally are. Why teach your kids to both win and lose with dignity and grace when it's so much more fun to lay out a game official because the loss was most certainly their fault. Most coaches don't teach this kind of crap but not enough effort is made to rid youth sports of the ones that do.

They should be charged with assault. What if they'd broken the ref's back? Or fractured his skull?

Gets my blood boiling just seeing that video. I'm not sure an ejection or even not being allowed to play another activity is enough.

This is assault, plain and simple and she be treated as such with charges.

That's premeditated assault. Holy Crap what is wrong with kids. Maybe a little jail time, a nice little fine for the parents, and 100 hours of hard labor might help.

Disgusting.

Should be the end of these kids HS football careers and rightfully so. My guess is the idea to do this came from the coaches, I doubt the kids concocted the plan on their own, not that it would exonerate the players from any resposibility if that were the case. I've officiated HS sports for 15 years; the players usually aren't the problem, the coaches and fans (usually parents) generally are. Why teach your kids to both win and lose with dignity and grace when it's so much more fun to lay out a game official because the loss was most certainly their fault. Most coaches don't teach this kind of crap but not enough effort is made to rid youth sports of the ones that do.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I thought that was one of the purposes of sports. To teach kids that in every competition there will always be a winner and a loser; and to win and lose with dignity and grace.

Charge them with assault. If during the investigation it's discovered that a coach put them up to it fire him and charge him as well.

expelled and charged with assault. example of disrespect of authority - plenty of examples of this top down in our country. for example, all the anti police movement. or call it whatever you wish.

don't want to take this thread political - all i can say is 'not surprising' lead by example, learn by example.

Complete punk move. Somehow I get the feeling cyfans would be ok with this since they make these kind of threats on most of their game threads.

off the team, expelled from their school, banned from sports in Texas. Assault charges filed.

I second what Ankle posted. This sh** doesn't happen by accident.

Fran could have used these guys a few years ago at Wisconsin. If ever an officiating crew deserved a good blindsiding, it was those jokers.

All kidding aside, that was pretty astonishing. The first hit was pretty brutal, but the guy going after him when he was down, helmet first, was simply brutal. Kids these days.

The article quotes them saying something like "we need to find out what caused this" as though anything that premeditated it would justify that cowardice.

The article quotes them saying something like "we need to find out what caused this" as though anything that premeditated it would justify that cowardice.

Or that they're trying to find out if someone on their coaching staff told them to do this so they can arrest him too.

You are 1000% correct. That being said I want know why this happen or wtf was going through their heads that made them think this was ok and/or even justified.

Anyonebutyou graduation pic.

IMG_270435104112557.jpeg

Latest posts