Player Predictions

NikeHawk21

Who ya got?

2nd leading scorer:
I'll go with Uhl. As I've said before I think we will have a few guys in the 7-12 range, so this could go a few ways. I could see Cook, Williams, or Moss as the second scorer.

Rebounds:
I'll go with Cook.

Blocks:
I'll go with Cook again. Could be Baer, Uhl, or maybe Wagner.

Assists:
Hopefully Williams. I think Jok could average 3-4 as he has shown a decent pocket pass in pick in roll situations.

Steals:
Probably Jok, although I think Williams and Uhl are going to be good here as well.

Who ya got?

2nd leading scorer:
I'll go with Uhl. As I've said before I think we will have a few guys in the 7-12 range, so this could go a few ways. I could see Cook, Williams, or Moss as the second scorer.

Rebounds:
I'll go with Cook.

Blocks:
I'll go with Cook again. Could be Baer, Uhl, or maybe Wagner.

Assists:
Hopefully Williams. I think Jok could average 3-4 as he has shown a decent pocket pass in pick in roll situations.

Steals:
Probably Jok, although I think Williams and Uhl are going to be good here as well.

Jok only has 109 career assists

If Jok is the leading scorer, I think Cook, or Williams will be the second leading scorers. I would put Moss in there too if he gets enough minutes. I read where Fan said at the coaches vs. cancer that Cook would be a starter. Hopefully Jones will be healed. Jones is a scorer.

For the entire season Jok tied for 6th in the Big Ten in steals last year; Gesell was another tied for 6th. For just the conference season, Jok was 3rd in the Big Ten in steals. It's pretty likely he'll lead the team in steals next year.

2nd leading scorer: Williams

Rebounds: Uhl

Blocks: Uhl

Assists: Williams

Steals: Jok

I'm excited for Uhl as well. He is one of my favorites. When we were at our best last year our bench was awesome, and he was the main guy. He faded a bit towards the end, but I'll chalk that up to a sophomore slump. I think he willl continue to improve next year, and hopefully be more consistent.

I read an article that he is going to get an opportunity to handle the ball more this year. In the past he ran off a lot of screens and was a catch and shoot guy, which limited his assists. As I said, he has a decent pocket pass in screen and roll situations.

Who knows, I could see Baer as the second leading assist guy as well. Obviously it will be all hands on deck next year for assists, which could be a good or bad thing.

I read an article that he is going to get an opportunity to handle the ball more this year. In the past he ran off a lot of screens and was a catch and shoot guy, which limited his assists. As I said, he has a decent pocket pass in screen and roll situations.

Who knows, I could see Baer as the second leading assist guy as well. Obviously it will be all hands on deck next year for assists, which could be a good or bad thing.

I think Jok is going to get asked to shoot the ball a lot so that will probably limit his shots. He'll probably get 20 shots or so up a game

Peter Jok did not handle the ball enough to gather assists for his resume, however he is an accomplished thief, a cat burgler who seemed to average a steal a game for a score in the latter half of the season.

I could see Wagner being the top rebounder.

Baer or perhaps Dom Uhl could very well be the second leading scorer/scorers.

Christian Williams could become the assist leader. In his limited playtime he passed the ball much more frequently than he would shoot.

2nd leading scorer: Baer. After putting on an additional 10-15 pounds the spring, summer and fall he will be able to be more aggressive.

Rebounds: Cook. The guy is physically ready. Pick up some defensive skills and rip down some boards. This will be balanced. No Woody types leading the B1G. That's OK tho. I see Wagner & Uhl bring right up there. Both need to pack on some more poundage. Williams will get some boards too

Blocks: Uhl. Could be Baer with the added weight and aggressiveness.

Assists: Williams. I hope he gets lots. I having a feeling Bohannon will be better than expected. JB comes in 2nd. Jok will be right there too.

Steals: Jok. He has the knack of finding the gaps. Baer is next. The guy just knows where the ball is going to be and gets in position.

Overall this will be a balanced team. Our most ever, is my prediction. At least in recent memory. Besides points. But that will be balanced after Jok. There will have several players within a few digits of each other. That 7-12 range as mentioned.
All other categories will have several players very close in margin to one another.

Jok should be the leading scorer, and I believe he should finish what he started. I think Williams, Moss, Wagner and Cook will be very consistent and pleasant surprises. Jones and Ellingson.....? Uhl and Baer will be very consistent and a little bit better as he will have more of a role. Pemsl, Bohannon, Daily and Kreiner: 2 will play 2 probably should take advantage of a redshirt. If the 1 or 2 walkons show the same promise as Baer did they should redshirt.

2nd leading scorer: Baer. After putting on an additional 10-15 pounds the spring, summer and fall he will be able to be more aggressive.

Rebounds: Cook. The guy is physically ready. Pick up some defensive skills and rip down some boards. This will be balanced. No Woody types leading the B1G. That's OK tho. I see Wagner & Uhl bring right up there. Both need to pack on some more poundage. Williams will get some boards too

Assists: Williams. I hope he gets lots. I having a feeling Bohannon will be better than expected. JB comes in 2nd. Jok will be right there too.

Steals: Jok. He has the knack of finding the gaps. Baer is next. The guy just knows where the ball is going to be and gets in position.

Overall this will be a balanced team. Our most ever, is my prediction. At least in recent memory. Besides points. But that will be balanced after Jok. There will have several players within a few digits of each other. That 7-12 range as mentioned.
All other categories will have several players very close in margin to one another.

I agree about the balance. It can go both ways, and is one of the reasons I'm excited for this team. We have several guys that can be the second leading scorer on this team any given night, but if a couple of them don't show up on any given night we could be in trouble. Last year after JU, Jok, and Sapp we didn't have much in terms of scoring options, so it will be nice to see guys willing and able to score the ball.

Same with assists. If this team really focuses on playing unselfishly it could be a really fun year. For reference, Hayes led UW in assists last year with 3/gm and they were a minute from the elite 8. In college basketball you do not need one player to average 8 assists to be successful as long as you have good ball movement as a team.

Lastly, I think we need to focus on throwing the ball into the post to Wagner, Cook, and maybe Uhl at least a few times a game next year. We rarely threw the ball into the post the last few years (I know why), and I think it hurt us offensively. If defenders have to start helping down to the post it opens up a lot of things for the other players on the floor.

He hasn't done that just yet... Maybe he will we'll see. I love his game but I think coming off the bench still won't provide him with enough mins to get as many pts game in and game out. Uhl will have just so many more touches and mins on the court that unless he just flat lines and doesn't step his game up at all he should average no less then 10-14.
It'll be an interesting year as it's almost like the start of a new era per say. Graduating 4 senior starters that all played if not big mins huge roles their entire careers will be a pretty big change.... I'm pretty hesitant to guess a whole lot on the what ifs going into next yr. Like I just mentioned about how I think Uhl will have a larger role. A guy like him could improve a ton or really who knows as of yet. He seems like a big X factor to me and I'm scared to go out on a limb too far with predicting what any of them might do to be honest... Jok will get lots of shots that's the safest one I'll predict haha. My guess is he'll lead the team in Pts steals and turnovers...

All I saw was Williams name mentioned too many times as our 2nd leading scorer. I can't see him averaging more than 7-8 and it's going to be a long year if he's our second leading scorer. I'd expect Uhl, Baer, Moss, and Cook to all average more than Williams.

2nd Scorer: I'm tempted to go Cook here, but I'm going with Dale Jones. Dale showed me more offensively in the small amount of minutes he played than Uhl did all year.
Rebounder: Cook
Blocks: Cook
Assists: Williams
Steals: Williams

All I saw was Williams name mentioned too many times as our 2nd leading scorer. I can't see him averaging more than 7-8 and it's going to be a long year if he's our second leading scorer. I'd expect Uhl, Baer, Moss, and Cook to all average more than Williams.

Agree with this. Williams has 27 career points, might be a little early to expect him to be our second leading scorer

I agree with your assessment that Williams will be in the 7-8 PPG range, which is just fine as long as he gets us into our offense and doesn't turn the ball over.

I do think it's possible though that he develops his game this summer and becomes a 12 PPG scorer. With the lack of PGs there is a good chance he is either 1st or 2nd on the team in minutes played. He has a solid mid range game and with his size should be able to get his shot when he pleases over smaller defenders. He's also looks to be pretty good in transition. If his three develops, look out.

I chose Uhl, because I figured it was a safe bet given what we've seen. With the lack of big time minutes played by anyone outside of Jok, this is pretty much a guessing game at this point.

I think we are overlooking Wagner in this. He had a lot of minutes this year and showed he has toughness, desire, the ability to clean up the rebounds and put the shots back in. He will be muchbetter inthe coming year. We have no idea what Moss or Cook will do yet.