Play in game?

Something scary to think about ... If we lose, the Gophers beat the Terps and OSU beats Wisconsin our NET ranking would most likely be lower that OSU, Penn St, and possibly even Minnesota. Since Iowa is a small market state without any marquee player(s) and currently look pretty lifeless - NIT is definitely possible if both the NE and the first B1G tourney games are 10+ point blowouts.

I just hope the team realizes that they can't just "relax"

Because they played themselves into the tournament by winning.

They played themselves into the tournament by winning enough games to be selected to play Iowa. They played themselves to the Sweet 16 by winning. It was still a tournament appearance for Iowa and it would have still been an appearance for Tennessee had Iowa won that game.

I'm not saying I'm not disappointed that Iowa played so poorly to be given the spot in the tournament they did. It was still an appearance no matter how much anyone wants to dispute it.

I'm done arguing this as no matter what anyone wants to say the point is moot. The First Four or Play-in game or whatever term people want to call it, counts as an appearance unless the NCAA changes it.

No, it's a play-in game. If you don't win, you don't make the tournament. Marketers can call it whatever they want.

That’s not true, the First Four is still part of the NCAA Tournament. It’s not a play in game.

I don't give two craps what the NCAA calls anything. Wandering to Dayton Freaking Ohio the day after the brackets are announced to play a game in front of family and friends and watched by degenerate gamblers is not a tournament game. And forgive me for thinking that the organization that still screams about "student athletes" while under a perpetual FBI investigation yet does nothing has the moral authority to declare anything.
Well, you don’t care what the organization that organizes the tournament says....only what YOU think it is.

Ok, little buckaroo. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

I'd put money that Hawks lose by 15+ at Nebraska (hard to do as they are bad), then 15+ against a mediocre BIG tourney opponent, an 11 seed and first round is almost guaranteed.

Can Iowa turn this ship and get the next two wins? If so, then 7 seed is probably likely. Im not counting on this.

??? lol

Just because you call it a "play-in" game doesn't make it NOT count as a tournament appearance. Your argument is flawed and no matter how you or numerous other people want to slice it, the fact of the matter is it still counts as an appearance.

I get wanting to belittle a team for playing like crap and limping into the tournament, I really do. Saying, however, that it's a "play-in" game that means you didn't make the tournament if you lose, is just not true.
Four more teams have a chance to win the National Championship. A 16 finally beat a 1. One day I suspect a First Four will win it all.

Theres a reason you dont pick the winner of that game on your bracket.

This argument is amusing, but the rationale of basing the first four's merit upon whether or not you pick the winner in a gambling bracket is beyond hilarious. Kudos.

I'd put money that Hawks lose by 15+ at Nebraska (hard to do as they are bad), then 15+ against a mediocre BIG tourney opponent, an 11 seed and first round is almost guaranteed.

Can Iowa turn this ship and get the next two wins? If so, then 7 seed is probably likely. Im not counting on this.
I’m your guy. I love having a 15 point lead at tip off. What’s the bet?

It doesn’t have to be money. It could be an embarrassing HN signature for a year.

I’m your guy. I love having a 15 point lead at tip off. What’s the bet?

It doesn’t have to be money. It could be an embarrassing HN signature for a year.
Loser donates $20 to the children’s hospital.

They have a slick donation webpage. It’s what I used to pay for @4thngoal to change his shit avatar that he used to have. Loser also posts a screenshot of the email receipt with his name and and email blacked out so we know you paid up.

@HawksMN and @WindsorHawk , sorry guys. No backing out now. You’d look like a total asshole denying the hospital your donation.

Latest posts