Play in game?

They were in position to lose their last 5 games and stil get in. Were they in position to lose their last 5 by 20 and still get in? I'm not sure.

Hell no. Not this year. The bubble is huge and teams straddling .500 records are still in the mix. Iowa is 21 and 9 now, I believe. Remember filling brackets out in the past years, you would see many teams that were 21-10 or 23-10. They seemed safely in.

What helps Iowa quite a bit, even though free-falling right now, is they arguably play in what is considered the best conference in college basketball. Some even are saying historically as some metrics are proving is right up there as one of the best in a season.

So, yes, Iowa currently is free-falling and not looking the best, but, they will be an automatic. Now, do they deserve to be? Will they get in as an automatic and if they deserve to be in as an automatic are two separate questions.

They just have to get a win against Nebraska and maybe a win in the BIG tourney and all will be forgotten.

The only position I'm confident to say they're in is the "bend slighlty over at the waist," position

I think they are still safely in regardless - just because of the state of the bubble teams this year - that said, nothing is gonna surprise me moving forward with this program. I am not gonna act like I have ANY f'ing idea.

If Indiana is still seriously being considered to make the NCAA Tournament with a 16-14 overall record and 7-12 Conference record, Iowa is the lock of the century..especially beating Indiana twice. Our seed has taken a major hit these last few weeks, but we’ve been a lock since winning those back to back miracles at the buzzer. We most likely will be a 8, 9 or 10 seed unless we make a miracle run in the BTT. I feel like 7 is the ceiling now which would take us getting to the Conference Championship game.

This last month has been brutal. But at least this team gave us something to cheer for through most the winter and we will still hear our name called on Selection Sunday. I understand all the frustrations with the Coach, AD and players performances but I will take watching Iowa in the NCAA Tournament EVERY year possible

No, it's a play-in game. If you don't win, you don't make the tournament. Marketers can call it whatever they want.

Believe what you want but even if one loses what you consider a "play-in" game, it counts as a tournament appearance in the record books.

No, it's a play-in game. If you don't win, you don't make the tournament. Marketers can call it whatever they want.
No, its not a play in game, despite what you and a few other uninformed people may think. Ask the NCAA.....do THEY call it a play in game? No. Please stop perpetuating this nonsense.

Back on topic...if the Hawks lose to Nebraska and their first game in the BTT, then the First Four game is best case scenario IMO.

No, its not a play in game, despite what you and a few other uninformed people may think. Ask the NCAA.....do THEY call it a play in game? No. Please stop perpetuating this nonsense.

Back on topic...if the Hawks lose to Nebraska and their first game in the BTT, then the First Four game is best case scenario IMO.
I don't give two craps what the NCAA calls anything. Wandering to Dayton Freaking Ohio the day after the brackets are announced to play a game in front of family and friends and watched by degenerate gamblers is not a tournament game. And forgive me for thinking that the organization that still screams about "student athletes" while under a perpetual FBI investigation yet does nothing has the moral authority to declare anything.

Which is literally the only place where anyone counts it as a tournament game.

How many legs does a dog have if you call its tail a leg? Four...just because you call its tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

??? lol

Just because you call it a "play-in" game doesn't make it NOT count as a tournament appearance. Your argument is flawed and no matter how you or numerous other people want to slice it, the fact of the matter is it still counts as an appearance.

I get wanting to belittle a team for playing like crap and limping into the tournament, I really do. Saying, however, that it's a "play-in" game that means you didn't make the tournament if you lose, is just not true.

I'm not saying on want to see Iowa in Dayton, but it's a very cool arena and environment.

Enjoyed covering the game there when Iowa played Tennessee.

I'm not saying on want to see Iowa in Dayton, but it's a very cool arena and environment.

Enjoyed covering the game there when Iowa played Tennessee.

Some food for thought for some here. Tennessee made it to the Sweet 16 that year after playing Iowa in what some consider a "play-in" game that doesn't count as a tournament appearance.

Latest posts