Pizza Jointz

Any special baking instructions? I would think you would need to bake it longer at a lower temperature to ensure the sausage crust cooks all the way through.

This sounds good even without doing the Keto diet.

You par-bake the sausage first for 10-15 min. Then take paper towel and dab up as much grease as possible. Then put your toppings on and cook it until the cheese is melted.

You par-bake the sausage first for 10-15 min. Then take paper towel and dab up as much grease as possible. Then put your toppings on and cook it until the cheese is melted.

I was thinking of that as soon as I hit reply, of course you would pre-bake the sausage. Have to be really careful to not over cook it so it can form that "crust" once the rest of the toppings are on.

Thanks for sharing the idea, I might have to try this.

I was thinking of that as soon as I hit reply, of course you would pre-bake the sausage. Have to be really careful to not over cook it so it can form that "crust" once the rest of the toppings are on.

Thanks for sharing the idea, I might have to try this.

It's totally worth it. I only miss the crust a little bit. :)

Any special baking instructions? I would think you would need to bake it longer at a lower temperature to ensure the sausage crust cooks all the way through.

This sounds good even without doing the Keto diet.

Click on the KetoForums link he provided. They have specific instructions how to prepare and bake the crust.

So there is no bread crust? It's all cheese?

Normally I hate reviving old threads but this one is a classic.

I'll offer up my local bar/grill. Costas in Fairbank makes one heck of a pizza for a small town. They load their pizza's down with toppings. Good wings too!

No, there is still the same thicker/airy Chicago style crust. I think the crust is below the cheese in the picture. The key is that cheese up against the edges, man is it good.

The other place in cedar falls....cheese pleaser add canadian bacon. I cant remember if I replied already...but Casey's also lol

Had the deep dish "Flying Tomato" pizza at the Wig & Pen on the Coralville Strip. We put pepperoni & sausage with it, two slices was very filling.

Attachments

• Pizza.jpg
    Pizza.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 6
Pagliai’s hands down. Crust: Thin and crispy. Sauce: Plentiful with authentic flavor. Cheese: Mozarella only ( from Wisconsin). Sausage: secret source.

I had my first pizza there at age 16. That would have been in 1961. Now I still go there and have taken all three of my kids, their spouses, and my seven grandchildren, and numerous friends.

Used to prime up for pizza at Ugly’s, which has, sadly, closed. George’s is a decent option. But, they do not have PBR on tap...

Does anyone remember the pizza at The Sanctuary in IC in the '70's?
Georges Pizza at Martini's in Burlington?

No, but a got a number of good pizza’s at The Mill back in the late sixties. Great hangout for Writers Workshop folks.

Am I gonna get crapped on if I say the best pizza on the planet is in Ames?
Pizza transcends some things.
Great Plains Sauce and Dough makes my toes curl.

Latest posts