Pitino Presser

CalvaryHawk

Coach Pitino's press conference was a clinic in the right way to handle an issue like this. No excuses, no victim blaming. Pretty impressed.

What's your point as it relates to Iowa basketball?

Currently? Hopefully nothing. Historically impacting the present? A lot. The decline of our program, the dark days we are hopefully emerging from, can be traced pretty directly to a poorly handled reaction to sexual abuse charges. It poisoned the well and led to a lack of confidence in one coach, the hiring of a horrible coach, and five years of recovery. Didn't intend to spell it all out, but it did make me wonder what might have been had that been handled this well.

Coach Pitino's press conference was a clinic in the right way to handle an issue like this. No excuses, no victim blaming. Pretty impressed.

Well, Pitino has PLENTY of experience with Sex scandals (his own) a few years back, so
I'm UN-impressed by Rick 'I need a blood tranfusion' Pitino.

Well, Pitino has PLENTY of experience with Sex scandals (his own) a few years back, so

Don't get me wrong-not a fan of the guy. Actually watched the press conference expecting him to be an arrogant ... person. But he really handled it well. The UCLA coach, whose name I won't mention, took it another direction and really made a mess of things for a LONG time. Sorry if it's bothersome to bring it up, just got me thinking and I made the mistake if posting it here.

Pitino is a greaseball, just like his old man. We can't beat Mnny enough or by big enough margins to suit me. He needs to have his face repeatedly smashed into that raised, ugly floor of theirs.

Pitino is a greaseball, just like his old man. We can't beat Mnny enough or by big enough margins to suit me. He needs to have his face repeatedly smashed into that raised, ugly floor of theirs.

I gave you a thumbs up for your unintentional comedy

Last edited:
Agree the ol man is a scumbag, but what do you have against jr?:confused:

I've never been a big fan of Pitino myself, but I just want to state for the record that there's a pretty wide gap between a "sex scandal" (i.e. 2 consenting adults behaving badly) and a sexual assault.

I've never been a big fan of Pitino myself, but I just want to state for the record that there's a pretty wide gap between a "sex scandal" (i.e. 2 consenting adults behaving badly) and a sexual assault.

Good grief. I can't let that stand.

Greaseball cheated on his wife, got a Bimbo preggers, then
all kinds of sordid details got drug around, while he was head coach of a
Major basketball program.

Sex scandal........case closed

Was there any other way to handle it? Sexual assault, sodomy, that is some serious **** you need to distant yourself as far as possible, especially given Pitino's baggage.

Let's not also mention that Pitino sat up at that press conference saying that he ran Chris Jones for a team rules violation right before this same player was arrested on some serious charges. Rick said he had no idea that arrest was coming ..... right! Just happened to run him the day before the arrest.

He’s a terrible human being that covered his tracks in a rape case involving a player he kept on the team until he knew the press were going to catch wind of it. Good for him?

Latest posts