Pinstripe Ticket Sales

Gee. I am just amazed that this bowl is not more popular with fans. As far east as you can go in this country; cold weather with abundant snow; you cannot drive there unless you are totally insane; airline ticks are stupid expensive for several hours of miserable seating conditions; the stadium is designed for baseball; bowl games in general have gotten SO expensive; I have gone to many bowls over the years when we went to places like Florida, Texas (loved the Alamo Bowl); no more of these trips for me. I have now seen a Rose Bowl, so that bucket list item is filled. I now hit all of Iowa's away football games and really enjoy that experience. I have been to all the BT stadiums now. Never again to PSU, Rutgers, Maryland. At least with the East and West divisions we still have a BT feel in the conference for us Midwesterners.
I too have been going to the away games to support our players and it is so much fun! I have not had a bad experience yet. I really enjoy taking in all the different BT traditions.

1,000 of U of I's allotted 7,500 tickets have been sold. This actually will bode well for BC fans from Boston that can take the train down, have some beverages, go to the game, and then take the train back to Boston same day...as there will be a fire sale on tickets the day of the game. Actually, I don't know if, when they give away tickets for free, the 25% of NYC's homeless population they let into Yankee Stadium will actually ever be evacuated from Yankee Stadium before it warms up in the spring...great location to be "without a permanent residence" if you must be such in New York City. Just sayin'.

1,000 of U of I's allotted 7,500 tickets have been sold. This actually will bode well for BC fans from Boston that can take the train down, have some beverages, go to the game, and then take the train back to Boston same day...as there will be a fire sale on tickets the day of the game. Actually, I don't know if, when they give away tickets for free, the 25% of NYC's homeless population they let into Yankee Stadium will actually ever be evacuated from Yankee Stadium before it warms up in the spring...great location to be "without a permanent residence" if you must be such in New York City. Just sayin'.

Iowa football has been neutered... it's 2014 all over again.

Does the Kirk family get to travel to the bowl on the coin of the University or other funds?

That is the cheaper way to visit NYC...

As I stated when the bowl was announced, the Iowa fans attending this game will mostly be from that part of the country. I'll be interested to see how many show up. I'll take a picture for you. ;)

As I stated when the bowl was announced, the Iowa fans attending this game will mostly be from that part of the country. I'll be interested to see how many show up. I'll take a picture for you. ;)

Will you be able to round up all 9 fans at once?

you should be able to catch the entire Iowa crowd with this 70's camera......

il_570xN.628811515_k2ks.jpg

I'm curious if the Pinstripe Bowl/B1G affiliation was tied in to the whole move east with Rutgers and Maryland, if so, what a fiasco. Crappy bowl, crappy teams.....I want the old Big 10 back. Should have tried to add Oklahoma and Texas and said screw the east coast. Fire Delaney, then Barta!

Latest posts