Phil Steels's Big Ten Preview...

JHHawk

Nice try, Phil,but you missed it.

Overall, let me say this...OSU and Wisconsin will be the class of the Leaders...with the winner of that game probably ending up on top..of course,that would mean Wisky to the Big Ten title game again because of probation for OSU.
I do think OSU is going to be good,tho. They play Neb,MSU,and Michigan from the Legends,and I really think they will win all three games.
Wisky will be good also,just not as good as OSU or as last year.
Wisky plays Neb,MSU, and Minny from the Legends...and they might just win all three.

So, Michigan is the odds-on favorite to win the Legends,despite what Phil says,simply due to schedule. They get Iowa and MSU at home. So, I think they will only lose at OSU and at Neb...and finish 6-2,which should be good enough to take the Legends. They will handle PU,Ill,Minny,and NW,along with Iowa and MSU.

I think Iowa has a chance to tie Michigan,but will lose the tiebreak due to losing in Ann Arbor. Iowa will lose at MSU and Michigan,but could win the rest.

Nebraska will lose at OSU, at MSU,and maybe at Iowa,and possibly home to Wis. I see them losing 1 of those,and finishing at 5-3.

MSU will lose to OSU, Mich. and Wis to finish 5-3.

Michigan will advance to the Big Ten title game vs Wisky and win. Iowa could finiish at 10-2 and be the second BCS bowl team from the Big Ten,say Sugar Bowl...sweeettt!!
Wisky will lose to OSU,Neb, and in the title game to finish 10-3 and head to the Cap One Bowl.

Unlike Phil,I am totally biased,so my picks are better...for me!

why do you think Wisconsion will be that good? They lost a clutch, vestarting QB, best rb, 3 linemen to NFL, 2 TE to nfl, and 2 starting WR. oh, and they had 4-5 coaches leave in the offseason.

Michigan will be good, maybe very good(loads of talent, good coaching, verteran team). OSU will be improved and will continue to get better as the year goes(very good coaching and young raw talent, few distractions this year).

I think the rest of the conference is a crap shoot, and with a few unexpected upsets could be wide open race in both divisions.......which would be awesome in conference.....but awful for national implecations.

Latest posts