Petras injury

vegashawki

After watching post game player interviews it didn’t appear that they really knew Petras was that injured. Padilla seemed like it was a surprise he was called upon to go in the game. My question is we’re they kept in the dark about seriousness of Petras injury or is Capt Kirk covering up for Petras and his lousy start to the game?
No matter who gets the start next week it is nice to know Alex has made strides to push for starting job.

As much as I'd like to believe Petras was injured somewhat, it's very likely KF is covering his backside.

KF, was interviewed going into the locker at half and told the lady reporter that Petras just simply wasn't getting the job done. That doesn't sound like an injury to me, but more a lack of performance.

Just watched the KF interview again at half. He mentioned zip, nothing, nada about an injury. He said Spencer just couldn't play effectively. He said he tried like heck but just couldn't play effectively.

I took his interview to mean Petras was ineffective, as in not getting the job done, and they needed to make a change to get the offense going.

Last edited:
He was clearly hurt in the previous game and Kirk doesn’t bench healthy starters that are 17-4 or whatever Spencer is as a starter.

He doesn't do it often, but he has done it. The past 2 games before NW and the 1st quarter yesterday were not good for Petras. Padilla may not be a world beater, but he's more effective than Petras and that's a word KF used twice at halftime to describe why he put in Padilla.

Bottom line, if Petras was clearly hurt against Wisconsin, he should not have started and/or played yesterday.

Padilla did look good but it was against the worst team in the conference and we looked like shit in the second half. Kirk will start Petras and Padilla will only get time if Petras gets hurt in my opinion.

Spence did have a nice run of Wins

Not necessarily pretty, but a W is a W

With the extremely porous O-Line, he was seriously battered
over and over again

Example of our offensive line attempting to hold the defenders back

Dakota Boys GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Spence B one tough lad

Kirk I guess said he didn’t like players losing their starting positions because of injury. Has that been Kirk’s policy for all positions over the time he’s been here? I know CJ filled in and won the job. Will Padilla also have that chance?

1636331943816.png

Padilla you got this, I will just hold the clipboard....my shoulder hurts way to much right now...wink wink......I was tired of getting sacked over and over again with this shitty offensive line and getting bashed left and right because of it....Petras then says under his breath.

Last edited:
Mine is not BS. KF said to the lady reporter on TV Petras wasn't getting the job done. I've recorded it and will watch it again. If incorrect I'll come back here and say so.
You're correct. I heard KF refer to it as ineffective QB play.

Just watched the KF interview again at half. He mentioned zip, nothing, nada about an injury. He said Spencer just couldn't play effectively. He said he tried like heck but just couldn't play effectively.

I took his interview to mean Petras was ineffective, as in not getting the job done, and they needed to make a change to get the offense going.
When I heard live what Kirk said right before half time I actually took the it as Spencer was not at 100% but he tried like heck to give it a go and was not able to be effective. Kirk obviously left out the Spencer not being 100% however I felt it was implied.

He doesn't do it often, but he has done it. The past 2 games before NW and the 1st quarter yesterday were not good for Petras. Padilla may not be a world beater, but he's more effective than Petras and that's a word KF used twice at halftime to describe why he put in Padilla.

Bottom line, if Petras was clearly hurt against Wisconsin, he should not have started and/or played yesterday.
^^^^This. Something doesn’t smell right here. Petras looks like shit in practice all week and still gets the start? That makes no sense. Take it a step further, Petras doesn’t practice all week and he still starts? wtf?

^^^^This. Something doesn’t smell right here. Petras looks like shit in practice all week and still gets the start? That makes no sense. Take it a step further, Petras doesn’t practice all week and he still starts? wtf?

Not sure who you're saying this to. I've never seen Petras in practice. Don't know what he looks like.

I was fortunate to have played, at different times, 2 sports in college. Football was not one of them. I can say with 100% confidence some athletes look great in practice and not as good during the game. I've seen the opposite as well. Players are not good in practice but look great in games. I was the latter in college, but after college got better at practicing before games.

Being honest here. Petras can manage, at least until the past 3 weeks or so, a game. He doesn't win games with his arm or legs, at last not that I've seen. Padilla had two drives for TD's and should have had a third to K. Johnson who dropped a pass in the end zone, that by the way only K Johnson could have caught. The NW defender had no chance at it.

If I were a betting man I'd bet KF starts Petras this coming Saturday, if he's healthy and not injured, as some have alluded to. I don't think that'd be the right move, but I'm not the coach, so my opinion as a fan truly doesn't matter.

Latest posts