Peterson: Ferentz annoyed by questions.

I like his comments. Most of the media is far more arrogant on terms of what they think ppl "owe" them. He could have said " you're an idiot"....that would have been worse.

That is very possible indeed, as for wanting him gone its not exactly my wish if he were to leave I wouldnt be heart broke but the closest thing to my back yard is ISU and they seem to have a coach who likes talking to the media and understands the media have a job to uncover and ask about issues. Its a tough business to be in but its also a hell of a lot better one to be in then punching a clock 5 days a week and KF and others as well could use some reminding of that at times, and when they get up there and speak down to people how on earth should that or could that make fans happy?

And that is the problem in a nutshell. Shock Jock Liberal Media freaks are not journalists and the fact that you think they are better than hard working americans that punch a clock everyday is a bit humorous. So where does the paparazzi profession rank in your world? Just below doctors but above engineers?

its both hilarious and pathetic that people covering the team rely on the message boards for rumors but yet its KF who is vilified when he has a smart-*** response to these questions.

its both hilarious and pathetic that people covering the team rely on the message boards for rumors but yet its KF who is vilified when he has a smart-*** response to these questions.

And then 9YRPLAN people still wonder why we rely on the media alot. KF could have nipped it yesterday and said yes Collin Sleeper was sent home for violating team rules. How hard would that have been? Not very!! KF brings a lot upon himself and how he handled this yesterday made no sense.

I'm beggining to wonder if KF loves the attention.

This is why he will never be an NFL coach. He wants to run a program like it should never interact with the media but that's a thing of the past. The more media time and info you make available the more your program gets nation wide coverage.

See: Lovie Smith, head coach of the Chicago Bears

The more I listen to the two of 'em and how they run their teams, the more I think "Lovie Ferentz".

Edit: As an example, after the Bears beat the Eagles, Lovie was thumping his chest about the fact that the odds makers had the Bears as a big underdog. The arrogance comes through now and then, and it isn't pretty.

But let's face it, if coaches had their way, whether at the college or pro level, NOBODY would ever talk to the media about anything.

And then 9YRPLAN people still wonder why we rely on the media alot. KF could have nipped it yesterday and said yes Collin Sleeper was sent home for violating team rules. How hard would that have been? Not very!! KF brings a lot upon himself and how he handled this yesterday made no sense.

I'm beggining to wonder if KF loves the attention.

what can KF possibly say about an internal team decision?

what can KF possibly say about an internal team decision?

So the Headcoach can't comment on internal team decisions? lol Okay..

Here this is how simple it is.
Q- Has a player been sent home?
KF- Unfortunately yes. We have decided that he would have him return to Iowa City. Collin broke a team rule. I will have no further comment.

Instead we get "It's possible" 3 times.

KF acts like he hates drama, so then why does he then drag drama out? Answer the question and be done with it.

Re: Peterson: ?????? annoyed by questions.

Here are some quotes from an article today about this week. This coach seems annoyed. Name the coach who said them:

“You like to talk about who isn’t here. I like to talk about who’s here,†?????? said when asked about their absence.

When asked if it would be easier if he would just confirm if players have decided to leave the program, ?????? didn’t budge.

“No,†he said, “because that’s what you guys would talk about instead of guys that are here playing. Accentuate the negative, right?â€

Answer in article below:

More Sooners out for bowl Sports The Norman Transcript

Looks like Oklahoma has players tweeting during practice because they didn't make the bowl trip. A lot of players leaving the program (including one going to Texas A and M), but only one was in the 2 deeps.

I GUESS HE IS ABOVE THE PEOPLE WHO PAY HIS SALARY....HE'S TURNED INTO A *****

Well, I guess you are serious…..by the by you, nor I pay his salary, anymore than I pay those on well fare. Which is a loose connection and until a lot more people than you care (I/e: people more like me and I don’t care) it’s a mute issue.

Re: Peterson: ?????? annoyed by questions.

Here are some quotes from an article today about this week. This coach seems annoyed. Name the coach who said them:

“You like to talk about who isn’t here. I like to talk about who’s here,†?????? said when asked about their absence.

When asked if it would be easier if he would just confirm if players have decided to leave the program, ?????? didn’t budge.

“No,†he said, “because that’s what you guys would talk about instead of guys that are here playing. Accentuate the negative, right?â€

Answer in article below:

More Sooners out for bowl Sports The Norman Transcript

Looks like Oklahoma has players tweeting during practice because they didn't make the bowl trip. A lot of players leaving the program (including one going to Texas A and M), but only one was in the 2 deeps.

That’s cool and very telling, but the truth is these guys don't care. They always skip this stuff, because they don’t want it to be true. If they really cared and were really in tune, they’d know how dumb they sounded.

And that is the problem in a nutshell. Shock Jock Liberal Media freaks are not journalists and the fact that you think they are better than hard working americans that punch a clock everyday is a bit humorous. So where does the paparazzi profession rank in your world? Just below doctors but above engineers?

All I ever said was directed at KFs words, this isnt the first time hes come off as smug and arrogant in his pressers. As far as the media and paparazzi go their jobs too are a heck of a lot better than most professions. To say or claim I think in anyway that you said its just as arrogant and stupid as some of KFs comments I commented on. He represents an institution and he has been doing it poorly. He claimed because MN lost only by 7 to MSU the week after they beat us that its somewhat acceptable. He says no social media to his players because that can lead to things being said that didnt need to be said. My only point is talk to the media in a professional way represent the University of Iowa...the same University that pays you a hell of a lot more then you will ever make at any other College like a professional and maybe more players will follow in that same set of foot steps. Or just get annoyed act like a jerk and watch some of your players follow suit. Its a team and he is the leader of the team and his half *** approach "playing to not lose" and speaking down to the media has some of his players doing the exact same things.

Last edited:
Well, I guess you are serious…..by the by you, nor I pay his salary, anymore than I pay those on well fare. Which is a loose connection and until a lot more people than you care (I/e: people more like me and I don’t care) it’s a mute issue.

What's "well fare"?

You dont pay your taxes. Shame on you.

Latest posts