Peter Jok

Windsor, That's pretty good company. Did you see McDermitt in person ?

McDermott was certainly a good ball player in high school, but nothing to the level of what we know and see today. He was largely overshadowed by Barnes in High School (they were team mates).

Windsor, I agree with you on Pete. He is finally starting to look like his old self from a quickness perspective.

Gesell was the best perimeter defender by a wide margin.

Aaron White is disgusting to watch on defense, his focus is almost completely on trying to get steals for runnouts, his gambling is exactly what you are not supposed to do.

Gesell was getting smoked at the end of the year. The entire Iowa team for the last 8 games couldn't keep me in front of them. Gesell is not quick enough to keep some of the better guards in the conferenc in front of him.

He is nothing like Marble, aside from the fact that he plays SG for Iowa. I absolutely love to see this kind of shooting talent. However, he needs to improve his defense. I feel like every time he comes in, they switch to a 2-3 zone because they have to, because he can't really guard anybody.

I think Jok just needs extended minutes to figure things out on the defensive end. It would also help if the other players on the court would communicate more and help each other out. I think Jok could be a huge contributor for us but I'm not convinced Fran will give him the minutes.

He is nothing like Marble, aside from the fact that he plays SG for Iowa. I absolutely love to see this kind of shooting talent. However, he needs to improve his defense. I feel like every time he comes in, they switch to a 2-3 zone because they have to, because he can't really guard anybody.

No doubt his primary focus over the off season has to be in improving his defense. Unlike some others here, I don't think Pete's defensive woes have anything to do with athleticism or lateral quickness. He is simply out of position too often and takes chances on D that he could get by with in high school but can't against high level D1 talent. Those are issues that can be corrected through teaching and experience.

Windsor, That's pretty good company. Did you see McDermitt in person ?

Yes. He caught my attention and I mentioned him to my buddy...doing all of the dirty work inside. I thought he would be a good mid major player on the interior. I didn't see him being what he is today but he was strictly inside so I had no idea he could shoot it the way he can.

Latest posts