Peter Jok

I think Jok can be the man starting next year. I also think Woody will make a big leap next year. Utoff needs strength, White consistency. If we could somehow bring in Atwood, with Dickerson and Gesell and the Hawks will be fine.

I've been begging to get him more PT... The last couple games you could see his stroke was there but he just back rimmed a couple shots.

He will start at the 2.

Especially considering he saw almost negative minutes once the B1G started.

I was onboard with either giving him logical/meaningful minutes in league play or red-shirting him.

People called me out and said you don't play freshmen at guard, a defensive liability, he in no way shape or form could help this team.

What did I know huh?

I was onboard with either giving him logical/meaningful minutes in league play or red-shirting him.

People called me out and said you don't play freshmen at guard, a defensive liability, he in no way shape or form could help this team.

What did I know huh?

This team needed shooters. Something we lacked last year. Peter was brutal on defense but we just saw what he can do on offense. His Freshman year was wasted..until tonight. He just earned a lot of minutes next year. What a stroke!

What did I know huh?

whats it matter when our upper class men guard coming off the bench is just as much of a defensive liability.

if ogelsby plays in front of Jok next year, along with not making the round of 64 this year and depending on if we land Atwood... My support for Fran will diminish quickly.

He's going to be the next RDM. Great to see him end the year on a good note

Nope. He is the next Peter Jok and my hope is he is a shot maker when it matters most. Late in games. Fun to see him play well tonite. Him and woody should feel good about this summer and next year. Gesell needs to erase these last two games from his memory bank.

I think Jok will be one of the greats. He's got a very unique skill set, and I don't think he'll have any problem replacing Dev. That's nothing against RDM either.. Jok is a more natural shooter, and he's already shown he has that same type of quickness Dev has. He'll toughen up and be an absolute nightmare to guard.

I think Jok will be one of the greats. He's got a very unique skill set, and I don't think he'll have any problem replacing Dev. That's nothing against RDM either.. Jok is a more natural shooter, and he's already shown he has that same type of quickness Dev has. He'll toughen up and be an absolute nightmare to guard.

Marble beats Jok on experience, but I don't think Marble is quicker than Jok. In the post game interview Jok said that Marble had been sick all week. Its to bad he had to end his Iowa career under the weather.

So why did he not get playing time throughout the season?

This. I feel like Fran gave up on Jok when he had that one really bad game early in the Big Ten season. There were many nights where I feel they should have given him some minutes early to see if he had a hot hand. Obviously, hindsight is 20/20, but Jok has too much potential and showed to much in non-conference to just disappear because he looked lost out there some times.

Nope. He is the next Peter Jok and my hope is he is a shot maker when it matters most. Late in games. Fun to see him play well tonite. Him and woody should feel good about this summer and next year. Gesell needs to erase these last two games from his memory bank.

No kidding. Good grief we dont need another Marble, we need a player who is efficient, makes his teamates better not worse, and can win.

Many many better hawkeyes to hope Jok plays like than RDM.

he didn't play much during the season because last night was his best defensive game of the year

(which means he was low and moving a lot, although still confused and gave up a couple of easy looks: he was giving up as much as he was taking. if he can get even with josh defensively, he'll be a plus player.)

He still has a lot of work to do defensively. But Jok can flat out score, I think he starts next season.

He still has a lot of work to do defensively. But Jok can flat out score, I think he starts next season.

This is correct. He wasn't needed to play and he was a defensive liability. He played at the end of the yr because Fran was looking for a spark and his weak defense was as big of a deal because most of the team was playing as poor of defense as jok.

Latest posts