Peter Jok

Good, Bo he is all yours buddy.

Care to share more? I haven't heard a lot about him recently. IIRC, he is hurt this year. Does he have some attitude/character issues or is it that he's just not as good as everyone thought?

It doesn't sound like ISU is recruiting him heavily. Not sure about Iowa, but you rarely here about him anymore so I suspect you guys aren't pursuing him heavily either.

Iowa will have only 2 open schollies next year and have multiple offers out to guys not named Jok. I think he's not partial to Iowa, and I think his injuries (though I've heard they are growing pains) have scared some people. not sure what the status is on Fran's recruiting though.

He's had knee problems which have kept him off the radar. Just kind of getting back into the swing of things. So far doesn't seem to be dominating his opponents, but the season is young.

Believe he had just six points in their loss to Dowling (who lost to DM North...yikes)

Its too bad about his injuries. The talk a few years back in the DM radio market was that he was suppose to be the next Barnes

Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh and his injury has something to do with it. We'll see how he does over the course of the season and he is only a junior.

He's had knee problems which have kept him off the radar. Just kind of getting back into the swing of things. So far doesn't seem to be dominating his opponents, but the season is young.

Believe he had just six points in their loss to Dowling (who lost to DM North...yikes)

In addition to this, I've heard he always played much better against AAU competition. Perhaps not necessarily disinterested in HS games, but the better competition brings out his best.

Its too bad about his injuries. The talk a few years back in the DM radio market was that he was suppose to be the next Barnes

Unlike Barnes, the kid takes a lot of plays off during a game. Could change, but just an observation so far. At the same level, Barnes was a better player.

That guy is a stud who will be a power conference stud when he gets there. He had knee surgery in the offseason and is really struggling to get back to 100%. Right know he is playing on 1 knee and cant get up. Check back in march and he should be up to 100%

It will be interesting to see if he can come back from his surgeries because right now a lot of teams are in the wait and see mode on him.

as of now Iowa is the only school that has offered
6'6 wing guard recovering from knee problems related to growing
expected to be 100% this fall

In addition to this, I've heard he always played much better against AAU competition. Perhaps not necessarily disinterested in HS games, but the better competition brings out his best.

Because AAU competition doesn't bring out any defense. They are all about offensive skill / points not about defense. There are many teams he has to play in the CIML that are all about defense. HS scores are in the 40s and 50s and AAU scores in the 70s and 80s.

Latest posts