Peter Jok New Video

I like the looks of this kid - very smooth all around. His 3pt stroke is effortless. Count me as impressed.

Note how smooth & under control he is with everything he does on the court. Some of the best players I have ever been around have exhibited this same quality - I'm very excited to get him on campus & see how the transition goes. Very promising young man!

Highlight videos are very deceiving.

Looks like he has a lot of potential but every video I have ever seen of him, he seems to lack hustle and drive and I have not seen one clip of any defensive ability. Jury is still out, but he kind of reminds me of Melsahn a little.

This is what I gather from the 3 videos I've seen so i could be way off base.

Im always skeptical of videos that are all jump shooting. His shot looks good but no way to tell how high a percentage he shoots.

The fact there are no drive and finish plays in a highlight video of a D1 recruit playing against non college bound players is not very exciting.

Im always skeptical of videos that are all jump shooting. His shot looks good but no way to tell how high a percentage he shoots.

The fact there are no drive and finish plays in a highlight video of a D1 recruit playing against non college bound players is not very exciting.

When does he sign? I know it's this month. Always interesting after a player signs to hear Fran's comments on them. He usually gives a little insight to what role he thinks the player will have.

Can the homie drive? Lets hope he wasn't trying cause it was a scrimmage because I don't know how long the standing jump shot stuff will work in the B1G

I've seen clips of him driving to the hoop more in other videos and he didn't look too bad. If he can get his jump shot off in the B1G and make a high percentage, it's fine by me. Just score. The one thing that I'll be curious to see is if he can give defensive effort. Fran is trying to instill that mindset very strongly this year and Pete is going to have to get on board to get playing time on what will be a pretty deep roster. Overall, he looks like a kid that is well worth taking a chance on. Huge upside if all came together.

I've seen clips of him driving to the hoop more in other videos and he didn't look too bad. If he can get his jump shot off in the B1G and make a high percentage, it's fine by me. Just score. The one thing that I'll be curious to see is if he can give defensive effort. Fran is trying to instill that mindset very strongly this year and Pete is going to have to get on board to get playing time on what will be a pretty deep roster. Overall, he looks like a kid that is well worth taking a chance on. Huge upside if all came together.

His shot is for real. He needs to improve his effort, defense and dribble drive.

Looks like he has a lot of potential but every video I have ever seen of him, he seems to lack hustle and drive and I have not seen one clip of any defensive ability. Jury is still out, but he kind of reminds me of Melsahn a little.

He can shoot, Melsahn can't. Basabe can play D when he wants to we don't know about Jok. Not sure he reminds me of Melsahn that much.

He can shoot, Melsahn can't. Basabe can play D when he wants to we don't know about Jok. Not sure he reminds me of Melsahn that much.

The comparison was more about his hustle and perceived effort.

Melsahn kind of goes hard when he feels like it and other times he looks like he could'nt care less.

There is no question Jok can shoot but what i don't see is him hustling to get back down the floor after the shot. Granted, i've only seen 3 highlight videos.

When does he sign? I know it's this month. Always interesting after a player signs to hear Fran's comments on them. He usually gives a little insight to what role he thinks the player will have.

I believe the signing period is between 11/14 and 11/21.

This guy is the most talented player I ever remember coming to Iowa. If he is healthy, wow look out. Yes he can drive, dish and shoot the 3. I imagine he would be a great defender even if no video shows it. With Jok and Uthoff next year we should be better then any team since Tom Davis.

I wonder how recent this video was made? I have seen one where he looked bigger,more muscular,more mature,where he was going to the hole much more.

Can't teach a natural stroke like Pete has...along with his size and length,it is a great place to start when building a Big Ten player. I am excited to see how he looks in a year. His shot reminds me of Luol Deng,who has one of the great mid-range jumpers in the NBA.

I've seen thousands of highlight videos in my life. I've yet to see one that was put together highlighting someone's on ball defense.

Latest posts