Perkins

longtimer

Sure hope he comes back although I think earlier in year he said this would be his last at Iowa or something to that effect. In any event he would be a huge piece in a team that could be pretty good next year. I'm sure he will be a hot commodity if he enters the portal. Indiana is desperate for players and Illinois and Kansas would no doubt pursue. He could end up on a championship caliber team and be a contributor.

Sure hope he comes back although I think earlier in year he said this would be his last at Iowa or something to that effect. In any event he would be a huge piece in a team that could be pretty good next year. I'm sure he will be a hot commodity if he enters the portal. Indiana is desperate for players and Illinois and Kansas would no doubt pursue. He could end up on a championship caliber team and be a contributor.
I just wished he would have showed up for senior night. :)

I don't know. I mean I get that Moss did well at Kansas as a 6th man type. And, I am not saying Perk would not get interest, but teams like Kansas have 5 star kids coming in every year. To me, Perk is very good but not great at just about everything, except 3 point shooting where he is average at best. I don't see him getting a serious look at the NBA and most guys that go to Kansas are projected NBA type guys. If he goes the Blue Blood route, he likely is a bench guy who contributes, but not a star.

He knows he starts and is one of the main weapons at Iowa. Familiarity can be a welcomed thing.

Indiana is a lateral move at best. I am surprised they retained Woodson. I would be disappointed if he transferred in conference, but such is the world we live in.

I hope Perk stays, but its 50/50 at best in my mind for him and Patrick. If I had to bet, I would bet one stays and one goes.

Strong and loud rumors of Dix to Creighton from CU fans FWIW.

Please Sweet Jesus, let if be merely a rumor

When Lick was banished, I was kinda hoping that we would go for the UNI coach

And have the benefit of his son playing for the Hawks

NIL support for Iowa Basketball needs to step it up. It's a matter of how much fans want to support it. The Swarm collective allows donors to earmark their contributions. We saw the last two offseasons the support football has received.

If I'm Perkins, I get mine here or somewhere else next season then likely head overseas for a nice pro career. He's given Iowa four years and likely has received less than many guys football has invested in to come here or stay here.

There'd be a nice market for TP.

NIL support for Iowa Basketball needs to step it up. It's a matter of how much fans want to support it. The Swarm collective allows donors to earmark their contributions. We saw the last two offseasons the support football has received.

If I'm Perkins, I get mine here or somewhere else next season then likely head overseas for a nice pro career. He's given Iowa four years and likely has received less than many guys football has invested in to come here or stay here.

I could be wrong and I fully admit I am just a schmuck, but from what I am hearing, there isn’t a lot earmarked for men’s basketball. If that is accurate, it just a further indictment on how a portion of the fan base feels about the men’s program.

Last edited:
Strong and loud rumors of Dix to Creighton from CU fans FWIW.

I had no clue until you brought this up last week. We all know CU has a shitload of money and let’s be real, it is better program than Iowa, with much better support. Dix is my favorite dude on this team, but if he wants to get closer to home, get paid and frankly be with a better program…I would understand the move.

I had no clue until you brought this up last week. We all know CU has a shitload of money and let’s be real, it is better program than Iowa, with much better support. Dix is my favorite dude on this team, but if he wants to get closer to home, get paid and frankly be with a better program…I would understand the move.

Well hopefully it’s all baseless rumors, but you make excellent points.

Well we both have been around for quite awhile. What do you think is driving this lack of support and interest in the basketball program?

Is Fran doing something to cause or contribute to this spirit of indifference? Is it the economy and inflation causing this? Are we approaching a Tom Davis indifference mentality? Is it simply a lack of performance in March that has worn on the fan base?

Well we both have been around for quite awhile. What do you think is driving this lack of support and interest in the basketball program?

Is Fran doing something to cause or contribute to this spirit of indifference? Is it the economy and inflation causing this? Are we approaching a Tom Davis indifference mentality? Is it simply a lack of performance in March that has worn on the fan base?
Been indifference for awhile and poor march results. Could be 30-1 and many fans would be surprised if Fran won 1-2 games in ncaa tournament.

Been indifference for awhile and poor march results. Could be 30-1 and many fans would be surprised if Fran won 1-2 games in ncaa tournament.

Thank you for your comments and feelings on that matter.

To each their own. I couldn’t imagine not caring about Garza's senior season where we were top 5 most of the year because past teams only won one game in the tournament instead of two.

It feels an awful lot like the end of Mr. Davis's run in terms of fan interest and engagement. Maybe there's a shelf life on being good but not great. I'm spitballing because you guys are the fans. You know how you feel about the program.

I've posted before how Iowa currently stacks up with the history of its program. It's favorable. But I understand fans wanting March success. It's what the sport is about, the madness.

I think the enormous success of the women's program with a generational talent has made it harder for fans to accept that the men's program is good but not great, too. And it's also a football school.

Here's a tidbit that isn't Iowa related, but it does fit in with all the wild speculation of players leaving programs for money.

Last week Arizona St played at USC in their next to last regular season game and lost. The next day it was announced that second leading scorer, guard Jose Perez, had left the team with no explanation. So, you wonder if he got into it with Coach Bobby Hurley, drugs, just having fun in LA? Who knows. He didn't play in the regular season ending game at UCLA.

Then yesterday Coach Hurley announced that Perez left the team for a chunk of money, and he played his first game for a team in the Dominican pro league over the weekend!

I've never heard of anything like this. Show me the money........

Apparently, Creighton was hearing those same rumors.........
Zstat, McDermott was never going anywhere. Anyone can start a rumor on the internet. It was probably his agent.

There are probably 2 jobs out there that are definitively better than Creighton and they are not going to be open any time soon. Creighton is in a top BB conference, has Top 10 attendance, and has no football program to compete with, and invests heavily into its MBB. Mac has built that thing up to what it is after moving from the Valley. He brought his son through that program. He is a Midwest guy. He is a God in Omaha. Nothing short of KU and a dump truck full of cash would pull him away. He retires at CU.

Overall regarding NIL, I do think part of it is the internal competition. First dibs go to football and right now, I suspect WBB is getting next dibs, followed by MBB. But even below them, I suspect wrestling and baseball are competing for some of those dollars as well.

Fran has always had an ok but not great relationship with the donor class and there is no juice in the program right now for all the reasons we discussed. I do not get any sense of creativity on the collective side or the program's side.

How about they launch a donation scheme that everytime Fran gets T-ed up you donate $100?

To me, the answer may lie as much with the players here. I get that the ideal is just to sit back and have a check sent to you by the collective without doing shit. But hey, gents, that may not be where things are at. That said, the starting core of this team are all relatively known people in the area, so I would have to believe some local business with pay them some cash for some low brow commercials like the gals are doing.

The core MBB will not do better from a true NIL perspective than they can in Iowa as most of them are local. They can be bought by collectives though. No doubt.

Latest posts