Perkins

Here's a tidbit that isn't Iowa related, but it does fit in with all the wild speculation of players leaving programs for money.

Last week Arizona St played at USC in their next to last regular season game and lost. The next day it was announced that second leading scorer, guard Jose Perez, had left the team with no explanation. So, you wonder if he got into it with Coach Bobby Hurley, drugs, just having fun in LA? Who knows. He didn't play in the regular season ending game at UCLA.

Then yesterday Coach Hurley announced that Perez left the team for a chunk of money, and he played his first game for a team in the Dominican pro league over the weekend!

I've never heard of anything like this. Show me the money........
Kids nowadays give zero shits about playing college basketball. They want to play for $. If they can make some $ in college great but better options will lead to them taking it.

Check this out Duke/UNC men played this weekend and the ratings for it weren't very good. The Iowa womens game against Neb got better ratings. (wasn't head to head just same day) That is the rivalry in college hoops right? Well apathy I think has started settling in around the mens game not just at Iowa. The fact these top programs are overhauling their rosters damn near every yr now makes them tough to keep up with. Unless you have a Zion or Caitlin Clark type player with serious star power what's going to maintain you're interest?

I don't really have a feeling about what TP might do. I could see him coming back or leaving for greener pastures either way. And much like my feelings about Fran and the team overall I'm just apathetic over it. If he comes back ok. If he doesn't ok...

Latest posts