Per Leistikow, LaPorta Is QB3

Fryowa

Administrator
I for one would love to see it. I don’t want Labas or May to get hurt obviously, but I can’t think of a more Hawkeye thing to happen to this team than to have your All American TE come in in relief at QB.

So I see Petras is with the team, helping coach the QBs. Didn't he enter the transfer portal?

Strange, is he a former QB because I'm sure their are some on the roster? To use our most potent receiver at QB? This just reinforces a lot of my thoughts about the coaching staff.

Strange, is he a former QB because I'm sure their are some on the roster? To use our most potent receiver at QB? This just reinforces a lot of my thoughts about the coaching staff.
Many players are ex QB's in HS that have experience. They are merely saying he would be the emergency QB in Iowa's situation. Iowa have had linemen in the past who played QB in HS. Nothing new.

Actually, prob most of teams WR's, DB's prob had experience playing QB in the past.

Many players are ex QB's in HS that have experience. They are merely saying he would be the emergency QB in Iowa's situation. Iowa have had linemen in the past who played QB in HS. Nothing new.

Actually, prob most of teams WR's, DB's prob had experience playing QB in the past.
Just seems strange to me to use a guy who is coming off rehab, our best receiver, and a guy practicing at another position to split time learning basic QB plays is all I'm saying. Unlikely we need a third QB but with our OL I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. I would have guessed they would use a scout team player.

Just seems strange to me to use a guy who is coming off rehab, our best receiver, and a guy practicing at another position to split time learning basic QB plays is all I'm saying. Unlikely we need a third QB but with our OL I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. I would have guessed they would use a scout team player.
They aren't going to be passing if they lose Labas and May. They are going to hand the ball off and call it a day.
What they wouldn't want is some scrawny, jell-o legged, walk-on scout QB (Who was May until the end of the season) to fumble the snap every time. So have your most sure handed offensive weapon learn to take snaps and hand the ball off while he is rehabbing his injury before taking live practice reps again.

This actually makes a ton of sense.

They aren't going to be passing if they lose Labas and May. They are going to hand the ball off and call it a day.
What they wouldn't want is some scrawny, jell-o legged, walk-on scout QB (Who was May until the end of the season) to fumble the snap every time. So have your most sure handed offensive weapon learn to take snaps and hand the ball off while he is rehabbing his injury before taking live practice reps again.

Agree to disagree...

This is flat out BS. That's death to a program telling players they have exactly no confidence in them enough to put them out there. No coach would do that.

This is flat out BS. That's death to a program telling players they have exactly no confidence in them enough to put them out there. No coach would do that.
Then why would Sam be QB3? They can take 105(at the least) kids to the bowl game, enough space for the best walk-on QB to make the trip. Sam wasn't even a QB in high school.

I am guessing because he is actually the emergency QB.
I never saw the original report so who knows??

Because an emergency QB is the guy who gets called on to take the snap if theQB on the field has his helmet come off and has to sit or take a time out and the back up can't make it out there in time.

What? You all thought they were going to run the world's largest wildcat with Sam, Lachey l, and the Ostrich back there?

AB4 was the last emergency QB.

Or what do I know, maybe Sam has been quietly wing the ball around in practice like Elway for the last 5 years.

Imagine Iowa putting in Sam at QB and he's injured doing that? I don't think you'll see him even as a decoy. They probably want to reward him for staying with the team and it's fun for him to play QB in practice.

Imagine Iowa putting in Sam at QB and he's injured doing that? I don't think you'll see him even as a decoy. They probably want to reward him for staying with the team and it's fun for him to play QB in practice.
Stop it. Everyone has sticks up their bums around here and the thought of fun is not taken very lightly.

I have no clue where Laporta's draft status is. I'm guessing somewhere 4th-6th round. I just want the Iowa team to have fun and win the game. I think they will, it doesn't solve a bunch of shit moving forward, but you start addressing that stuff after the game.

I have no clue where Laporta's draft status is. I'm guessing somewhere 4th-6th round. I just want the Iowa team to have fun and win the game. I think they will, it doesn't solve a bunch of shit moving forward, but you start addressing that stuff after the game.
I saw round 4 some where.