People Who Yell, "PASS!!!" From The Stands...

Fry, you need help if you have this much passion over this issue. But hey, it made me laugh.

That said, you are missing an even bigger asshat. The guy, and there are literally dozens of them at every tourney, who screams "get in the hole!!!!" after every significant putt, in every major tournament ever played, ever. What fucktards.

At least the "pass" guy could theoretically be heard and assist the LB in gaining an extra step back into coverage. Its possible. Not really. But possible. But "get in the hole!!!" guy is telling an inanimate object what to do after the event setting the object in motion has already occurred. Unless this is a prayer to God for a gust of wind, the shout literally has no purpose.

HATE THAT GUY!!!@!

Watched the B1G in 60 last night for the MSU - NW game. There were roughly 78 people in the stands so you could hear pretty much everything on TV. There's something that needs to be said, folks, and there need to be consequences for these assbags.

People in the stands yelling PASS! every time the quarterback drops back (and I know there are some of you here)...you're idiots. You should never be allowed to attend a football game, ever. You are right up there with adult males wearing jerseys and people who tell everyone to sit down because they can't see.

Here's a little information for you douche canoe "PASS!" yellers...

1) These are D-1 football players. They know it's a pass a long time before you do. No help needed from some fat guy wearing Skechers.

2) They can't hear you anyway.

If it would help your team to yell PASS! every time a QB dropped back, I can guarantee you Phil Parker would have a megaphone with flashing lights yelling PASS! This isn't your high school's football team or some 3rd grade bobble head game with kids running in random directions because they cant see out of their helmets. They don't need you to help. The real reason you do it is because you're insecure enough in your own football knowledge that you feel the need to scream it so everyone around you knows that you're Bill Belichick 2.0 and that you "read the play" before anyone else. Everyone knows that's why you do it, so save your breath. We don't need you to prove to us that you spent one year as an assistant coach for a 10u rec league team that your own kid was on, and that you had your own whistle and everything.

Don't be that guy.
My only question is why you would want to watch MSU vs NW? Hell a rerun of Gilligan's Island might be a better use of your time.

I used to get into the x's and o's with people, but I got into a major "tiff" with Jon Miller when he was here and almost got banned. I even backed things up with video and he accused me of cherry-picking, etc. He knew nothing about what I was talking about, so I finally dropped it. I don't really get into much of that stuff anymore. I'm not trying to say that I think I'm an expert, but over the years, I've coached with some great coaches, been to clinics, etc. with great coaches and have picked up a lot from them and from just coaching.

If you read enough of my stuff, it's mostly sarcasm or for fun. It's one way I relax. Speaking of needing to relax, my freshmen are coming to my classroom right now, so I had better go. :(

I get that you might not want to "talk chalk" in this forum, but I say bring it on. I played DIII ball 20+ years ago, and helped out coaching HS ball for about 5 years after. I know some stuff. But if I had to jump into a coaching situation now, having been out for 15 years, it would be like duck out of water. The game has advanced a lot in the past decade plus. I know enough to know how much I don't know, and I always look forward to those that can bring some expertise to the conversation.

Or you can just keep posting funny shit, which I also enjoy.

Fry, you need help if you have this much passion over this issue. But hey, it made me laugh.

That said, you are missing an even bigger asshat. The guy, and there are literally dozens of them at every tourney, who screams "get in the hole!!!!" after every significant putt, in every major tournament ever played, ever. What fucktards.

At least the "pass" guy could theoretically be heard and assist the LB in gaining an extra step back into coverage. Its possible. Not really. But possible. But "get in the hole!!!" guy is telling an inanimate object what to do after the event setting the object in motion has already occurred. Unless this is a prayer to God for a gust of wind, the shout literally has no purpose.

HATE THAT GUY!!!@!
1631140259473.png

This guy huh.

Reminds me of these commercials

I used to get into the x's and o's with people, but I got into a major "tiff" with Jon Miller when he was here and almost got banned. I even backed things up with video and he accused me of cherry-picking, etc. He knew nothing about what I was talking about, so I finally dropped it. I don't really get into much of that stuff anymore. I'm not trying to say that I think I'm an expert, but over the years, I've coached with some great coaches, been to clinics, etc. with great coaches and have picked up a lot from them and from just coaching.

If you read enough of my stuff, it's mostly sarcasm or for fun. It's one way I relax. Speaking of needing to relax, my freshmen are coming to my classroom right now, so I had better go. :(
About Jon, you were not alone....

Watched the B1G in 60 last night for the MSU - NW game. There were roughly 78 people in the stands so you could hear pretty much everything on TV. There's something that needs to be said, folks, and there need to be consequences for these assbags.

People in the stands yelling PASS! every time the quarterback drops back (and I know there are some of you here)...you're idiots. You should never be allowed to attend a football game, ever. You are right up there with adult males wearing jerseys and people who tell everyone to sit down because they can't see.

Here's a little information for you douche canoe "PASS!" yellers...

1) These are D-1 football players. They know it's a pass a long time before you do. No help needed from some fat guy wearing Skechers.

2) They can't hear you anyway.

If it would help your team to yell PASS! every time a QB dropped back, I can guarantee you Phil Parker would have a megaphone with flashing lights yelling PASS! This isn't your high school's football team or some 3rd grade bobble head game with kids running in random directions because they cant see out of their helmets. They don't need you to help. The real reason you do it is because you're insecure enough in your own football knowledge that you feel the need to scream it so everyone around you knows that you're Bill Belichick 2.0 and that you "read the play" before anyone else. Everyone knows that's why you do it, so save your breath. We don't need you to prove to us that you spent one year as an assistant coach for a 10u rec league team that your own kid was on, and that you had your own whistle and everything.

Don't be that guy.
Other irritating takes

"You da man " when a tournament pro golfer tees off

"Hooker" in city rec softball, usually yelled to the outfielders by the first baseman, when a left handed hitter comes to the plate. Sucks for two reasons. First, the outfielders can see that the batter is left handed and second, it may not do good to move over anyway. The slice to left center off a lefties bat is even more pronounced in softball than baseball, and most amateur left handed hitters try to go to left because right field was frequently considered dead in child sandlot games.

Football players at all levels holding the over the head praying hands when they notch a safety. Unnecessary, we can see its a fucking safety and so can the refs.

The winner of the Indy 500 pouring milk all over themselves. Disgusting, as if they aren't hot and sweaty enough, now they're sticky from lactose as well.

Baseball players barking in the dugout when an opposing batter fouls one off their lower leg. No shit it hurts like a dog bite or worse.

And the all time classic.

FREEEEE-BIIIIIRD!!!!! You are not the first to come up with it. It stopped being funny around the time of Nirvana's unplugged concert. STOP!!!

If I were in a band the drum head would read "We Don't Do Fucking Freebird!"

But if I had to jump into a coaching situation now, having been out for 15 years, it would be like duck out of water. The game has advanced a lot in the past decade plus. I know enough to know how much I don't know, and I always look forward to those that can bring some expertise to the conversation.
I think you'd be surprised how much you know. The game has advanced, but not that much, just redoing what has already been done. Terminology is the biggest thing. Being the old guy that I am, I still call it a strong safety instead of cash, star, etc. I have him in the box, as a nickel cover guy, as a safety, but I call him a strong safety, just like the old days. I just use him in different ways, so I guess he really is a cash/star.

Also, an RPO isn't that much different than an outside option because it's the outside LB that's read. It's now a run/pass instead of a run/pitch. It's also like how a QB used to read the MLB on a pop pass to decide whether to give or pop.

Heck, I've even talked in extent with a single wing guru who said that the read option is the same as the single wing, except in the single wing, you get a pre-snap read or body count. That determines the give or keep. So basically instead of taking a body out of the play by optioning him, the body was taken out of the play be having more offensive bodies on a side than defensive side. Similar to our audible to the boundary. It's about body count. I could start a thread about how much I hate people yelling about that.

The have changed, but the basics of the game really hasn't. The biggest change I've seen is the use of the field laterally/use of spread formations.

Having said all of this, the longer I coach any sport and learn the intricacies of them, the more I realize that there is so much I don't know.

How about the team that holds up 4 fingers for the start of the 4th quarter. Everyone knows there are 4 quarters and this is the end of the 3rd. Overused BS
Nothing that's ever been said in the history of the world is more true than this.

I think you'd be surprised how much you know. The game has advanced, but not that much, just redoing what has already been done. Terminology is the biggest thing. Being the old guy that I am, I still call it a strong safety instead of cash, star, etc. I have him in the box, as a nickel cover guy, as a safety, but I call him a strong safety, just like the old days. I just use him in different ways, so I guess he really is a cash/star.

Also, an RPO isn't that much different than an outside option because it's the outside LB that's read. It's now a run/pass instead of a run/pitch. It's also like how a QB used to read the MLB on a pop pass to decide whether to give or pop.

Heck, I've even talked in extent with a single wing guru who said that the read option is the same as the single wing, except in the single wing, you get a pre-snap read or body count. That determines the give or keep. So basically instead of taking a body out of the play by optioning him, the body was taken out of the play be having more offensive bodies on a side than defensive side. Similar to our audible to the boundary. It's about body count. I could start a thread about how much I hate people yelling about that.

The have changed, but the basics of the game really hasn't. The biggest change I've seen is the use of the field laterally/use of spread formations.

Having said all of this, the longer I coach any sport and learn the intricacies of them, the more I realize that there is so much I don't know.
I haven’t coached a fifth of the time you have and I can say 100% that I don’t know shit.

About Jon, you were not alone....
Yeah there was a period of time where he had to be right all the time. Just had to be. Human nature mixed with running a message board can lead to that sort of thing I suppose. Probably a big part in why he doesn't do it anymore.

Latest posts