People Who Yell, "PASS!!!" From The Stands...

Other irritating takes

FREEEEE-BIIIIIRD!!!!! You are not the first to come up with it. It stopped being funny around the time of Nirvana's unplugged concert. STOP!!!

If I were in a band the drum head would read "We Don't Do Fucking Freebird!"

I've been known to throw sticks at drunks who request certain tunes and won't stop.

I used to get into the x's and o's with people, but I got into a major "tiff" with Jon Miller when he was here and almost got banned. I even backed things up with video and he accused me of cherry-picking, etc. He knew nothing about what I was talking about, so I finally dropped it. I don't really get into much of that stuff anymore. I'm not trying to say that I think I'm an expert, but over the years, I've coached with some great coaches, been to clinics, etc. with great coaches and have picked up a lot from them and from just coaching.

If you read enough of my stuff, it's mostly sarcasm or for fun. It's one way I relax. Speaking of needing to relax, my freshmen are coming to my classroom right now, so I had better go. :(
I definitely appreciate your contributions here - always have witty one liners that make me laugh.

I have thought about this more, and Fry is just wrong. This is just pure instinct for some of us. A lot of us played high school ball, and was anything drilled into the DB and LB core more than screaming "pass!!!" when you read pass? This was especially true of The Great Lakes Conference in the early 90s when you might only get 7 passes per game and were playing a 9 man front to stop Emmetsburg from running that stupid power veer quick count offense they ran.

I instinctually yell pass. Its like PTSD for me. I also yell "oskie" when I see a pic. And "ball" when I see a fumble. I have, however, broken myself of screaming "peter peter" (don't play with it) when a punt hits the ground. That one is just gross.

Some of us have no choice, Fry.

I've been known to throw sticks at drunks who request certain tunes and won't stop.
If there was ever a “you get three wishes” moment for me one of them would be to play drums well. Completely amazes me. I watch YouTube videos of guys like Buddy Rich, Terry Bozio, Neil Peary, Danny Carrey, all the time. I can keep and count time in my head but no way can I make my hands and feet do it. Even odd signature stuff like Danny Carrey’s I can count out, but I don’t have the ability to get it out.

Nope, you’re wrong. Sorry.

The ol’ mighty Emmetsburg has fallen long ago. One would think that as good as Twait was and as long as he was there, someone would’ve learned enough from him to translate it.

I played in that conference my entire middle school and high school life, and they were the first team(s) in NW Iowa to take weightlifting seriously and all of their guys were huge in every sport. I says teams in the plural tense because it didn’t matter what sport you were in, Emmetsburg’s guys were strong and fast. My senior year of baseball I remember getting beat bad by them at home late in the game. It’s was towards the end of the season before pitch counts and we only had 2 good pitchers that we rode all year. Both of them had gone already and we brought in a sophomore (actually work with him now) who could throw strikes but that’s about it. Back-to-back-to-back bombs over my head in CF. The last two I never moved, they were blasts. Finally got a ground out to end the inning and went 1, 2, 3 to end it. And we weren’t a shitty team, either. We ended up at state that year.

I have thought about this more, and Fry is just wrong. This is just pure instinct for some of us. A lot of us played high school ball, and was anything drilled into the DB and LB core more than screaming "pass!!!" when you read pass? This was especially true of The Great Lakes Conference in the early 90s when you might only get 7 passes per game and were playing a 9 man front to stop Emmetsburg from running that stupid power veer quick count offense they ran.

I instinctually yell pass. Its like PTSD for me. I also yell "oskie" when I see a pic. And "ball" when I see a fumble. I have, however, broken myself of screaming "peter peter" (don't play with it) when a punt hits the ground. That one is just gross.

The ol’ mighty Emmetsburg has fallen long ago. One would think that as good as Twait was and as long as he was there, someone would’ve learned enough from him to translate it.

I played in that conference my entire middle school and high school life, and they were the first team(s) in NW Iowa to take weightlifting seriously and all of their guys were huge in every sport. I says teams in the plural tense because it didn’t matter what sport you were in, Emmetsburg’s guys were strong and fast. My senior year of baseball I remember getting beat bad by them at home late in the game. It’s was towards the end of the season before pitch counts and we only had 2 good pitchers that we rode all year. Both of them had gone already and we brought in a sophomore (actually work with him now) who could throw strikes but that’s about it. Back-to-back-to-back bombs over my head in CF. The last two I never moved, they were blasts. Finally got a ground out to end the inning and went 1, 2, 3 to end it. And we weren’t a shitty team, either. We ended up at state that year.

Oh yea, Emmetsburg. Growing up in NE Iowa, I even remember hearing about Emmetsburg back in the day. Kind of like Parkersburg in NE Iowa. They just had an identity and were good every year.

If there was ever a “you get three wishes” moment for me one of them would be to play drums well. Completely amazes me. I watch YouTube videos of guys like Buddy Rich, Terry Bozio, Neil Peary, Danny Carrey, all the time. I can keep and count time in my head but no way can I make my hands and feet do it. Even odd signature stuff like Danny Carrey’s I can count out, but I don’t have the ability to get it out.

It's my voodoo...been playing since I was 12. No feeling like it...driving the bus.

I'm still a Peter Peter guy, myself.

Saw Buddy Rich in high school @ a spring concert @ Upper Iowa. One of the all-time greats in music. Kinda like watching Jordan in his prime.

Latest posts