People of Alabama

I don't think Alabama really had a choice...I thought I read it was a deal that Wal-Mart worked with the BCS.

I think the fan photos were the cause for amusement moreso than the Wal Mart. At least for me. I'm not too stuck up to shop at Wal Mart. I prefer Target, being an elitist, but I'll hustle into the Mart if need be.

Speaking of scary backwoods people, since we're on the topic, I have to admit that when traveling into, say, the Missouri Ozark country, I am inclined to arm myself. Because there are some scary, scary creatures in those parts.

I understand that is the case, but your comment I was referring to was regarding Barta or Ferentz having any say about it.

Indeed. I commented before I realized that there was a corporate agreement. I guess Ferentz and Barta wouldn't have a say in it.

Living in S. Iowa we have no right to throw stones at folks from Alabama. We have people here that would make the biggest Hillbilly in Alabama look like a blue blood.

Living in S. Iowa we have no right to throw stones at folks from Alabama. We have people here that would make the biggest Hillbilly in Alabama look like a blue blood.

That is the point I was trying to make. Pretty much all of Iowa west of I-35 is a complete backwater (I call it East Nebraska). These people are the reason I need to go to the pharmacy counter to buy Mucinex. And having spent a year teaching on the East side of Des Moines, I would prefer the backwoods of Alabama, because although both groups are loudmouth know-nothings, at least the Bamans play the banjo.

Hey, I wouldn't knock it too much. Iowa has just as many interesting people as other states ... Case in point: Ever been to the Iowa State Fair?

This had to be done.

Deliverance_banjo_player.jpg

BTT...WOW!! Really? East Nebraska and the backwater of Iowa! Evidentally you didn't learn a whole lot teaching in Eastern Des Moines. What are you trying to do here with this post really? Please enlighten me since you are so "wise"...being you taught on the east side of Des Moines.

BTT...WOW!! Really? East Nebraska and the backwater of Iowa! Evidentally you didn't learn a whole lot teaching in Eastern Des Moines. What are you trying to do here with this post really? Please enlighten me since you are so "wise"...being you taught on the east side of Des Moines.

Don't get me started on Cedar Falltucky...