PENN STATE

BILLYBOBSTEXAS

It's being bandied about reopening the case against PSU. Not sure if the NCAA wants to go there again. They let them off the hook once already. PSU is once again closing ranks and denying anything bad ever happened.

If it is proven that Paterno knew something as far back as '76, added to the speculation to what he may have known went down in the late 80's, added on top of that what we all know went down in the late 90's early 2000.....Can PSU get the death penalty for letting that monster run free for 30+ years?

The NCAA has already spoken on this. What are they going to say now without minimizing what happened more recently in time? Child molestation and looking the other way, one time, is enough. If they weren't going to stick with what they initially imposed based on what they knew, now they're going to re-impose strict sanctions because of a longer history of molestations and cover ups? How would that be rationally justified, without effectively telling the recent victims that your stories aren't sufficiently egregious.

The NCAA has already spoken on this. What are they going to say now without minimizing what happened more recently in time? Child molestation and looking the other way, one time, is enough. If they weren't going to stick with what they initially imposed based on what they knew, now they're going to re-impose strict sanctions because of a longer history of molestations and cover ups? How would that be rationally justified, without effectively telling the recent victims that your stories aren't sufficiently egregious.

So PSU gets a pass on this? It is all in the past, all the appropriate people have been punished or are dead. Let's just keep it movin......Is that what we are saying?

Come on folks, Penn State really should be kicked out of the Big Ten. This is unbelievable. Hundreds of lives were forever changed in a horrible way by this coaching staff. Kick these bums out, now

They could reinstate the post-season and scholarship sanctions and say it was basically time added for more of the same heinous acts. That way it doesn't minimize the impact on any of the victims, just increases the amount of time PSU is in the dog house.

This is particularly likely, given NCAA lifted the sanctions early for "good behavior"

The NCAA is a shell with no real power anymore. The right answer here is Delany and University Presidents should kick PSU out of the B10. That will result in an "effective" death penalty for the football program. If they were kicked out of the B1G, I couldn't imagine another conference picking up that toxic pos that is Penn State Football. B1G needs to cut ties to show current and future members that this sort of behavior is not acceptable.

The NCAA is a shell with no real power anymore. The right answer here is Delany and University Presidents should kick PSU out of the B10. That will result in an "effective" death penalty for the football program. If they were kicked out of the B1G, I couldn't imagine another conference picking up that toxic pos that is Penn State Football. B1G needs to cut ties to show current and future members that this sort of behavior is not acceptable.

I wish I could agree with you but I could easily see the Big East or ACC picking them up just to help strengthen their conference. It really would be a win/win for both of those conferences. It would strengthen their football profile and would give their basketball schedules another cupcake.

Even if one of these conferences did pick them up, we could say the group we are affiliated with did the right thing. Replace them with Pittsburgh. What do we have to lose?

Penn State would never be kicked out of the B1G. Their football stadium draws 100k fans each game and they have a massive living alumni base of over 600k people. For reference, that is more alumni than michigan.

Remember...its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Penn State would never be kicked out of the B1G. Their football stadium draws 100k fans each game and they have a massive living alumni base of over 600k people. For reference, that is more alumni than michigan.

Remember...its all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You are right that it is all about the money. But, if advertising revenue drops (which it could...who would want to have their product advertised during a PSU game,) then it could happen. At some point, money does reflect reality if the people spending the money (fans) boycott products advertised during PSU games. It isn't out of the realm of possibility, but isn't likely, at this point.

But, kick those effers out of the B1G. They're a disgrace. Their fan base still believes Paterno is a saint. Geez.

I think the SEC or Big 12 would pick them up. They have no shame in their game.

I doubt anything will happen to them, after all they are Penn State! Their fan base, university officials, Joe Pa"s family deny any wrong doing. Death penalty is warranted but will not happen. I agree they should get the boot from the Big Ten.

Remember...its all about the $$$$$$$$

It's definitely all about the money, but if you drop PSU and add say Pittsburgh your only loss of audience is the net difference which in terms of tv markets I'm guessing isn't quite as substantial. The B1G is financially health now, a good time to cut ties with PSU. Long term I'm guessing this would be the correct decision. As a result of this issue, You should expect a long term downswing at PSU in terms of enrollment, recruiting, donations that will negatively impact the PSU future alumni base.

The deal breaker is that it allows you to retain the moral high ground as a conference, which is also good for business.

I sure hope we stomp pedo st. in the prime time night game this year! I just don't like the idea of playing them let alone losing to them! The BIG won't give them the death penalty. That would be coming from the NCAA if it were to happen at all.

the Big Ten is not going to kick Penn St out of the Big Ten, for things they did long before they were in the Big Ten.

Is there one person at PSU that's still there from when any of this went on? I don't think there are. So why punish their fans or athletes? I've never understood the concept of punishing people that have/had nothing to do with anything. I mean if Joe Paterno was still in charge then that'd be a no brainer. I just don't think attempting to pile on those completely uninvolved serves as any kind of fair retribution. What if your parents committed a crime. Would it be right that you went to jail for them or fined for it? There has to be a line for liability somewhere.

Is there one person at PSU that's still there from when any of this went on? I don't think there are. So why punish their fans or athletes? I've never understood the concept of punishing people that have/had nothing to do with anything. I mean if Joe Paterno was still in charge then that'd be a no brainer. I just don't think attempting to pile on those completely uninvolved serves as any kind of fair retribution. What if your parents committed a crime. Would it be right that you went to jail for them or fined for it? There has to be a line for liability somewhere.
So if Roy Williams retired or was fired, UNC shouldn't get punished? What about USC after Mr. Seahawk left town or the multiple schools after Caliparidouche left?

Latest posts