PENN STATE

They really have to punish the football program with the death penalty for a tear or two. It's unfair the to current students and athletes but football is the cash cow. The school is only going to make changes if it affects the money. Either dump football or fine the school heavily like 1 billion to make an effect. Make sure the money goes to victims and programs to help victims. Don't let the money go to the NCAA.

PSU could be offered a very fair bargain. No scholarships for 1 cycle and no post season for 2 or 3 seasons. Or, getting kicked out of the B1G. This is an appalling situation that (apparently) lasted over 25+ years? And no one saw the pedophile with kids in the shower? Right.

PSU could be offered a very fair bargain. No scholarships for 1 cycle and no post season for 2 or 3 seasons. Or, getting kicked out of the B1G. This is an appalling situation that (apparently) lasted over 25+ years? And no one saw the pedophile with kids in the shower? Right.

JoePa may have known something in '76, he may have known something in the late 80's, he definitely knew something by the late 90's. Speculation on my part, but I do not think Mike McQueary was the only assistant coach to catch Sandusky behaving in an inappropriate(criminal) manner.

Child abuse is a problem everywhere and covered up everywhere. Iowa (the state) is no exception. The whole situation is quite sad. What happened at PSU could have happened other places, included Iowa if they'd had a god like coach.

I don't know the answer to what should have happened in punishment for PSU. I think it wasn't near enough.

All of us need to look in the mirror about what we ignore.

If this came out about Iowa (the university) people would be all over the board on what should happen.

From the CDC as a percent.:
Physical Abuse 28.3
Sexual Abuse 20.7
Emotional Abuse 10.6
Physical Neglect 9.9
Emotional Neglect 14.8

What are you doing about this rather than complaining about PSU?

Child abuse is a problem everywhere and covered up everywhere. Iowa (the state) is no exception. The whole situation is quite sad. What happened at PSU could have happened other places, included Iowa if they'd had a god like coach.

I don't know the answer to what should have happened in punishment for PSU. I think it wasn't near enough.

All of us need to look in the mirror about what we ignore.

If this came out about Iowa (the university) people would be all over the board on what should happen.

From the CDC as a percent.:
Physical Abuse 28.3
Sexual Abuse 20.7
Emotional Abuse 10.6
Physical Neglect 9.9
Emotional Neglect 14.8

What are you doing about this rather than complaining about PSU?

I'd be doing a lot more than what has been done; except I am not in a position to be able to. The only thing I can do is voice my opinion. And my opinion is that the situation at PSU now appears to be institutionalized. If Paterno had so much control over the program...more than that AD and even the President, then he becomes the standard bearer and the "voice" for PSU. Since it now appears Paterno had a big broom to sweep this under the rug for decades, that means PSU was sweeping it under the rug. You can't have it both ways and then let PSU off the hook because Paterno died. The individuals who were supposed to be Paterno's bosses, i.e. the "school" chose to allow Paterno to become bigger than life and acquiesce to his directions. In doing so, they made a choice to accept his choices. That is how you draw culpability back to the school and it's a fair way to do so.

So, Paterno knew about that creep's behavior and he swept it under the rug. Therefore, PSU knew about it and swept it under the rug.

Edit: I am only using your post as a vehicle for my opinion and not as a message directed at you.

Last edited:

Latest posts