Penn State should give up football for a period of time

ChosenChildren

The Penn State disaster is almost beyond belief. The lawsuits are just beginning. The institution should make a statement about the evil involved and voluntarily give up football for a period of time. I don't know what the correct time period should be, but it sure seems like the right thing to do.

I think at least two years would be a proper "cleansing period". Dissolve it, purge the sickness and evil that surrounds the program, and then start over after 2-3 years.

Unfortunately, it will never happen because too many people have been getting too rich for too long off of the football program, but it's interesting to discuss nonetheless.

People that agree with the OP and make such statements like the OP should be sterilize so we can slow down this whole dumb people breeding thing

Last edited:
People that agree with the OP and make such statements like the OP should be sterilize so we can slow down this whole dumb people breeding thing

Nice edit, it usually helps to spell correctly the first time when you are calling other people dumb.

Why should a whole football team have to be punish for something that involved NO football players and only involved coaches in a criminal matter, not a NCAA matter?

I'm sure that question might be hard to answer for some of you. It's like saying that if Nick Saban murders his whole family the football team should be punished just as well. And if we are just going to connect two random dots together I'm going to quit speeding cause god forbid since I'm a hawkeye fan that our football team should have to lose scholarships just because.

Nice edit, it usually helps to spell correctly the first time when you are calling other people dumb.

Autocorrect is a killer. Even when the word is spelled correct like 'whole' it will automatically put 'who' in stead. Stupid Sexy IPhone

Autocorrect is a killer. Even when the word is spelled correct like 'whole' it will automatically put 'who' in stead. Stupid Sexy IPhone

Stay way back in the early 2000's with a Blackberry like me and you won't have those problems, you can barely get on the internet from your phone.

I don't think Penn State should give up football for any length of time as the football program consists of many, many people with a very high percent of them innocent of crimes related to the scandal.

I can see certain Penn State administrators both past and present being brought before the courts and due process served with subsequent punishments rendered for the guilty and civil action also taken in the courts against the guilty.

If an assistant murdered someone in the locker room you wouldn't shut down the football program. If an assistant killed someone in the locker room and another staff member saw it happen and reported it to the head coach and the head coach failed to report it and the assistant was simply let go but was allowed to continue using facilities where he potentially killed more people...then yeah, they would shut down the football program.

If an assistant murdered someone in the locker room you wouldn't shut down the football program. If an assistant killed someone in the locker room and another staff member saw it happen and reported it to the head coach and the head coach failed to report it and the assistant was simply let go but was allowed to continue using facilities where he potentially killed more people...then yeah, they would shut down the football program.

Having known many people who were molested as children, his crimes are 100% equal to murder. There is not a punishment on earth that is suitable for what Sandusky deserves.

Sandusky wasn't part of the football program

But he was still given carte blanche access to both the Athletic Department and the football program and its facilities.

You wouldn't be able to walk into the Iowa football facilities and take a shower, and a grateful nation thanks you for that.

You're the law talking guy, what constitutes an arms length relationship?

Latest posts