Penn State Gets Hammer: Worse than Death Penalty?

Go back to my original post, then you need to take away television contracts, put coaches salaries in line with a tenured professors.

Its the climate of ESPN saying your school is only relevant because
you are 11-0.. Ever notice the degrading comments theythrow out
about schools, that don't measure up on a consistent basis?

If you breed a climate of win at all costs what do you expect?

In terms of the fans, people are piling on at this point, they are put in a defensive position, you are going to try to defend yourself, even if its done irrationally.

I am with you there, this "culture" that needs to be changed is not just at Penn State.

What is really sad about this is that nothing is being said of the victims. Of all the reactions I have heard and seen there was not 1 single person that was even remorseful over what has happened.

I am with you there, this "culture" that needs to be changed is not just at Penn State.

What is really sad about this is that nothing is being said of the victims. Of all the reactions I have heard and seen there was not 1 single person that was even remorseful over what has happened.

I think it would help if the JoPa family would say, "dad made a very poor decision and we are sorry his decision hurt so many people."

If the family admits Joe, was wrong in what he did, lots of people would follow in their steps.

Maybe its because of the civil cases forth coming or maybe its just they cannot come to grips that their father would do this, which is why they are not willing to admit it..
I am sure it is difficult for them. But as long as they hold out, so will lots of PSU fans.

Last edited:
I think it would help if the JoPa family would say, "dad made a very poor decision and we are sorry his decision hurt so many people."

If the family admits Joe, was wrong in what he did, lots of people would follow in their steps.

Maybe its because of the civil cases forth coming or maybe its just they cannot come to grips that their father would do this, they cannot say this.
I am sure it is difficult for them..

Will never happen.

The Paterno family keeps saying 'we knew him best'.

So, you knew daddy covered up for a child rapist?

If yes, then shut up and turn yourselves in.

If no, then you didn't know him much better than anyone else

Well said, same goes for all of the former players crying about it today. You either knew he covered up for a child rapist and allowed him access to campus or you didn't know him well at all.

Maybe its because of the civil cases forth coming or maybe its just they cannot come to grips that their father would do this, which is why they are not willing to admit it..
I am sure it is difficult for them. But as long as they hold out, so will lots of PSU fans.

I may have felt differently about all of this had the people in the community reacted differently, including the Paterno family. Show some remorse, be horrified about what happened, make statements of compassion towards the victims. Do not hold rallies in front of Paternos house, have stakeouts at his statue, and go on ESPN saying all the facts have not come out. Instead all they care about is "we are Penn State" and losing a few recruits.

I am convinced that college football is to big and that there is no crime that should ever be considered for the death penalty. If all this crime get is a reduction of scholarships and a bowl ban then there is no crime that deserves it.

When SMU got the death penalty, they cleaned house and my step father was hired as Asst AD. So I moved to Dallas (University Park). I saw through him how decimated the program was. 25 years later they finally reemerged, sort of. I don't see it taking PSU 25 years to make it back to a bowl game.

THiS x 1,000

It makes me SICK to look at the reaction of PSU students as if THEY are the ones who were abused.....ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!!!!!

THiS x 1,000

It makes me SICK to look at the reaction of PSU students as if THEY are the ones who were abused.....ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!!!!!

Cosign.
I don't know how many times I've posted "what about the victims??", but it's a big number. Nobody cares. It only reinforces my already very low opinion of Americans. :mad:

Cosign.
I don't know how many times I've posted "what about the victims??", but it's a big number. Nobody cares. It only reinforces my already very low opinion of Americans. :mad:

With that, I'm starting to get really annoyed by ESPN and all the other stations carrying coverage because they keep adding fuel to the fire, by showing it and reacting to whether it was right or wrong....IT WAS RIGHT. They could have said BYE BYE program...forever!

Did PSU break an NCAA rule already by having a team meeting during summer training period? I know this is a unique situation and players needed to hear there options but I thought coaches could have limited contact with players until fall camp.

JoePed's acolytes are out in force in newspapers and on the interwebz. The former editor of the State College newspaper, now editor of the newspaper in Springfield, Ill., tweeted and posted the following yesterday:

Today was piling on by the all-powerful NCAA. Sanctions are deserved but not at the extent leveled today. Best wishes to the PSU community.

Then today he linked to the following editorial in the Philadelphia Daily News:

NCAA the wrong body to impose Penn State sanctions

A GOVERNING BODY took action against Penn State Monday, which sounds appropriate at first, given the horrible crimes and institutional failures that occurred there. Unfortunately, it was the wrong governing body. The NCAA — the nonprofit organization that oversees college athletics and is a major engine driving "amateur" sports into big business and media spectacle — lacks the moral authority to make a much-needed point about misplaced priorities and college sports. Meanwhile, the governing body that needs to step in and help guide Penn State into the future — the actual government of Pennsylvania — hasn't done enough.

By 2020, PSU will be competitive.These are weak, short term sanctions.Two years from now, PSU can sell playing time &starting jobs to high school kids in front of 100k fans and dreams of bowl games and championships. Kids are gonna eat that up. LOL that this is worse than the death penalty.

8 years isnt short term.

Latest posts