Penn State -13.5

10/20/2012 - Penn State 38 - Iowa 14. Witnessed that demolition, first-hand. Wasn't pretty, nor that close.

I gave the previous poster who brought that up credit. However, that score wasn't a 38 point difference and it came in a year that was the worst KF team since his first one.....

Does he not remember the 2008 PSU-Iowa game....

I can then point to the 2009 PSU team or the 2010 PSU team....both of which we beat as well that were running RPO type offenses.

Maybe he recognizes, as any reasonable person would, that those were a LONG time ago and so basically irrelevant in 2017?

Or maybe he recognizes that Joe Pa was still PSU's coach thru 2011, and since he left PSU has been a much more aggressive offense?

Maybe he recognizes, as any reasonable person would, that those were a LONG time ago and so basically irrelevant in 2017?

Or maybe he recognizes that Joe Pa was still PSU's coach thru 2011, and since he left PSU has been a much more aggressive offense?

How is it not relevant when we have the same head coach and essentially the same defensive philosophy that we did when we played them in 2008...and 2009...and 2010? The crux of the author's argument is that Iowa can't hang with PSU because PSU runs a spread and Iowa's defensive philosophy can't deal with it. And I point out he's wrong in that assertion with actual facts instead of assertions and I'm not "reasonable"...okay buddy...

I gave the previous poster who brought that up credit. However, that score wasn't a 38 point difference and it came in a year that was the worst KF team since his first one.....

Yea, 48-10 is dramatic pessimism. However, a banged-up Wadley + an OL that's been extremely average (sometimes less than) + a ho-hum, porous DL and a pretty bad Secondary has me seeing 31-13.

That's right on par with several double-digit home losses by Iowa teams that were similar quality - maybe even slightly more complete - than this one.
(38-17 OhSt 2006; 21-7 NwU 2006; 38-20 Indy 2007; 28-19 W Mich 2007 (only 9 points but that it was W Mich adds 10;)) 37-21 MSU 2011; 30-27 N Ill 2013 (see W Mich); 26-14 MSU 2013; 28-9 Wisc 2013.)

While I won't be happy about it, this team could build off that type of loss.

Latest posts