Penn State -13.5

yes. If it was PSU -8 all the money would likely be on PSU.

I'm confused on the "begging people to take Iowa" part. I hear that all the time. But if they set it at a point where they needed to beg people to take one side, wouldn't they need to set it higher to expect even money?

This outs not the Penn St. of the past. They are dominant, with the best offense Iowa will see all year.

Iowa could barely beat Iowa St. A team that plays the same style, with drastically poorer talent.

It's going to be embarrassing this weekend.

48 - 10 Penn St.

I thought before the season started the Pedophile State game was a loss, but now I think we've got this one. As pointed out earlier Pedo St has under-performed so far this year. Plus I think karma factors in, why these guys are not still recovering from the NCAA death penalty, and why they are still in the B1G I will never understand.

I think Iowa's going to have a chance. I agree with the death penalty thing, you guys have Penn State, we have Baylor in the Big 12. Both of them should have gotten the axe.

But I mean if a player is acting like he has the ball, he should be a legal target to tackle. At least wrap up and bring to the ground every single time. I'm not sure what they would even call on the play...its not roughing the passer, its not a late hit, its not pass interference...unnecessary roughness? If you had possession of the ball and you are pretending you still have the ball, you should be allowed to be tackled...I would think.

I would agree. But we're talking about certain teams being more "protected" than others. But if a QB is still executing a fake, he is definitely fair game.

This outs not the Penn St. of the past. They are dominant, with the best offense Iowa will see all year.

Iowa could barely beat Iowa St. A team that plays the same style, with drastically poorer talent.

48 - 10 Penn St.

Last year wasn't the "Michigan of the past" either. And we could barely beat Rutgers and damn near lost to Purdue. But we found a way to beat Michigan regardless.

And please point out for me when, in the last 15 years, that Iowa has been beaten at home by that kind of score. HINT: Never.

That's a lot of points vs a home team of Iowa's caliber...but I won't bite on it.

Hoping Iowa will surprise...and I am kind of hopeful that their best game is still there...

48 - 10 Penn St.

I think you are wrong about "drastically poorer talent". Outside of Barkley PSU is nothing special on offense. I think you booked to many seats on the hype train. They caught us with our pants down last year. That will not happen again. This game will be extremely close. Of that much I am confident.

I think you are wrong about "drastically poorer talent". Outside of Barkley PSU is nothing special on offense. I think you booked to many seats on the hype train. They caught us with our pants down last year. That will not happen again. This game will be extremely close. Of that much I am confident.
Thank you for saying that, because I know I'm biased, but people who think Iowa state is a pushover, I think are sadly mistaken. Iowa State has a very good shot at a Bowl this year, and I think Iowa has a VERY real chance of beating State Pen. Either way it goes, I think it's going to be a tight game also. I would definitely take Iowa and the points.

Last edited:

As I said before in a previous thread, this PSU team is night and day different going on the road than they are at home. They went to Pitt and were man-handled thru 3 quarters...they made it close by going on a big run in the 4th, but Pitt was absolutely clobbering them. They went to Michigan last year and got slaughtered 49-10....and the game wasn't even that close. They went to Indiana and were down 7 going into the 4th quarter. The other road games were Rutgers and Purdue, which were awful last year.

So this team is NOT a Miami Hurricane team circa 1980's. This team can be beat, especially on the road. And I think we're gonna do it.....27-24 Hawks.

So this team is NOT a Miami Hurricane team circa 1980's. This team can be beat, especially on the road. And I think we're gonna do it.....27-24 Hawks.

I agree with you, PSU hasn't been tested yet. I'm not confident we'll win at this point, but I don't see us getting "blown out" like their fan base believes. Guess we'll find out Saturday night. Go Hawks!

That's a pretty brutal assessment of Iowa's defense, but you can't argue with any of it.

Brutal assessment because it comes from a PSU site.

Does he not remember the 2008 PSU-Iowa game....where PSU was running an RPO offense (called Spread HD) with the best running back in school history (Evan Royster), had the #1 recruit in the country running the Wildcat (Derrick Williams) and had a pair of the most prolific wide receivers in school history in Jordan Norwood and Deon Butler...not to mention Darryl Clark at QB? That team was absolutely PASTING teams....by an avg of 30 ppg.

But to hear him tell it, the only PSU teams we beat were ones that were pro-style team like us and that's just not true....not even close. I can then point to the 2009 PSU team or the 2010 PSU team....both of which we beat as well that were running RPO type offenses.

Last year wasn't the "Michigan of the past" either. And we could barely beat Rutgers and damn near lost to Purdue. But we found a way to beat Michigan regardless.

And please point out for me when, in the last 15 years, that Iowa has been beaten at home by that kind of score. HINT: Never.

10/20/2012 - Penn State 38 - Iowa 14. Witnessed that demolition, first-hand. Wasn't pretty, nor that close.

Latest posts