Pemsl

Makes sense, I am just saying that missing the dance 3 years in a row is the bad look, not if we have Sr. or not. For instance we had a Sr. this year in Uhl, one last year in Pete. I don't really care if we had 1, 2, or 3 Sr. the bottom line is the bad look is missing the Dance, not how many Sr. we have.
Yup yup. Or if 2 or 3 kids transfer out or not. Kids are transferring left and right from good and bad teams. The fact we just had a terrible year along with not dancing the previous few is what is bad. Not necessarily just the players jumping around. If players that are leaving (Wagner, Ellingson, and perhaps Pemsl) weren't going to help us improve next yr anyway are going it's making room for hopefully bringing in some that will.

How does it look ugly? We had 2 Jr's transfer out because of playing time in essence, they had/have been passed up. Same thing could be said of Pemsl if he leaves. This is the norm in college BB now, 700 kids a year transfer, that is on AVERAGE of 2 leaving every program and moving on.

Taking everything into consideration, I don't think the Iowa locker room is a happy place right. I think it goes beyond playing time. But, I don't disagree losing these guys it not a bad thing if they can get replaced with better talent. I think the program is just looking ugly again. It needs to fix its public relations, fix its basketball fundamentals, recruit better, retain better, and get back into post season play (NCAAs).

True, and the reality is very few schools get the "one and done" guy.

Since the rule inception in 2006, 123 players have gone pro and been drafted after their Freshman year. (roughly 10/yr). 21 of those were at Kentucky...that's 1 out of 6. Duke is next with 10. So two programs accounted for 25% of all the one and done NBA picks. Wow.

BTW there were 10 more that declared and weren't drafted. One guy per year makes a big mistake. (you listening Tyler?)

https://herosports.com/news/one-and-done-rule-list-college-basketball-nba-visualized

This. Of the 68 teams that made the tournament this year how many had one and done? 5 maybe 6. You can make a run in the tournament with a team loaded with pros or a team loaded with experience.

I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing. I've always wished Fran would leave his best players on the floor and just spell them for a short breather when they need it. Maybe if enough of the others leave he won't have a choice!

Makes sense, I am just saying that missing the dance 3 years in a row is the bad look, not if we have Sr. or not. For instance we had a Sr. this year in Uhl, one last year in Pete. I don't really care if we had 1, 2, or 3 Sr. the bottom line is the bad look is missing the Dance, not how many Sr. we have.

I don’t see why people can’t comprehend this. It doesn’t matter if you are a one and done program or a developmental program. You can do it the Kentucky way or the Villanova way. Winning a NCAA a championship maybe is unrealistic, but making the tournament and making the occasional deep run is not.

Last edited:
I am not sure why all the praise for this kid. I don’t think he is that good. We played better with him out of the rotation. Caused quite a few turnovers as well if I remember correctly. Now I am not saying I want any player to leave. Cook is not good enough for the NBA.... not yet anyway.

They both made a comment to teammates and the university. If they want to be quitters then let them. When I played sports I did not quite a play, a game, a season or a team. Sack up boys.

I am not sure why all the praise for this kid. I don’t think he is that good. We played better with him out of the rotation. Caused quite a few turnovers as well if I remember correctly. Now I am not saying I want any player to leave. Cook is not good enough for the NBA.... not yet anyway.

They both made a comment to teammates and the university. If they want to be quitters then let them. When I played sports I did not quite a play, a game, a season or a team. Sack up boys.

Well it looks Pepto is staying according to Iowa Hawkeyes Land of 10 on Facebook. I wonder what flipped the script?

https://www.facebook.com/IowaHawkeyes.Landof10/

The junior forward isn't going anywhere.

Watch out for the Hawkeyes next year!

Cordell Pemsl announces he is '100 percent invested' in Iowa basketball
Iowa basketball rising junior forward Cordell Pemsl announced he is "100 percent invested" in Iowa basketball and will be back next year.
landof10.com

perhaps he has reason to believe cook isn't returning. with cook, garza, kriener and even nunge and baer, pemsl is really the odd man out. out of that group, pemsl is most inconsistent scorer.

Well it looks Pepto is staying according to Iowa Hawkeyes Land of 10 on Facebook. I wonder what flipped the script?

https://www.facebook.com/IowaHawkeyes.Landof10/

The junior forward isn't going anywhere.

Watch out for the Hawkeyes next year!

Cordell Pemsl announces he is '100 percent invested' in Iowa basketball
Iowa basketball rising junior forward Cordell Pemsl announced he is "100 percent invested" in Iowa basketball and will be back next year.
landof10.com
Great to hear! Tyler has [basically] said the same. Good to see both are young ppl of strong character and committement1! Of course, If Cook gets a great report, he's off the to the "league" and we wish him the greatest success! Top 5 B1G finish and an NCAA tourney berth next year!

I like Pemsl's attitude but I wouldn't have been upset if he left.

In this day and age, you need complete basketball players. Pemsl is limited offensively and on the defensive end, he's probably best matched up with a 5 but at 6'8", he's so undersized. He's not a great jumper so he's not a shot blocker, average rebounder.

If Iowa is going to be good, a guy that is so limited, shouldn't see the floor.

Latest posts