Pelini vs. Nebraska soap opera

This really seems like a Chappelle "When keeping it real goes wrong" skit. I have no doubt that a lot of what he is saying to his players is true, but he is not setting a very good example for them with regards to how you conduct yourself in the face of adversity and how you handle conflict.

I miss the Chappelle Show.

This really seems like a Chappelle "When keeping it real goes wrong" skit. I have no doubt that a lot of what he is saying to his players is true, but he is not setting a very good example for them with regards to how you conduct yourself in the face of adversity and how you handle conflict.

I miss the Chappelle Show.

Ha ha. Keeping it real with Bo Pelini;) Awesome skit, I had not seen that version before.

Last edited:
The environment at Nebby is exactly how it appears to us on the outside. Who the heck is recording him? Does everyone in Lincoln just walk around with tape recorders? They’re just adding to the narrative when they do crap like this and respond with a bitter little email.

What narrative? That they don't like coaches who rant and rave unprofessionally in their last opportunity to interact with these kids?

If Ferentz said anything like this we'd want him shipped to Djibouti.

What narrative? That they don't like coaches who rant and rave unprofessionally in their last opportunity to interact with these kids?

If KF said anything like this on his way out the majority of the fan base wouldn't care because he's already out the door. I think that's the problem I have with Nebby firing back. He's already out the door, why not just take the high road and either "wish him the best...blah blah blah" politically correct stuff or just keep quiet since ultimately you won and he lost. Adding fuel to the fire does absolutely nothing for the University aside from making them look bad.

What I don't like is the little red fanbase turning on him. He was always a psycho, they just ignored it until he was fired.

When reading the transcript I couldn't help think of the children of divorced parents sitting down with Dad as his last possessions are being put in the trunk of his late-model sedan. "Kids, I'm leaving. Mommy doesn't love me anymore or never did. You are not the reason daddy has to go away. That lying, heart-piercing >insert derogatory term for a female< is making me leave. But I want you to know if you ever need anything let me know. Everything I ever did was for yous." Solitary tear trickles down his cheek.

If KF said anything like this on his way out the majority of the fan base wouldn't care because he's already out the door. I think that's the problem I have with Nebby firing back. He's already out the door, why not just take the high road and either "wish him the best...blah blah blah" politically correct stuff or just keep quiet since ultimately you won and he lost. Adding fuel to the fire does absolutely nothing for the University aside from making them look bad.

He made specific allegations of unprofessional behavior towards Eichorst and the administration. It's customary to address these with strongly worded language to the contrary, as they did.

There is no 'winning' and 'losing' here. Just a public relations issue that needs to be handled.

The level of scrutiny. We all thought them a horribly out-of-touch, unrealistic fan base, and Bo just confirmed it. Who gives a flip what he says to HIS players that he knows 100x better than anyone else. The fact that they’re willing to drive across town to hear him speak, sound off on twitter in his favor, etc. shows they have a lot of respect for him. Over half of the audio is him offering support and help to the players btw.

Latest posts