Pedo St...Basketball version Game Thread

This loss hurts. But there is a lot of reasons that soften the blow. CJ getting hurt didn't help. Hopefully he's back Tuesday. Refs had a few nasty calls against us in crunch time. Gotta be up by 10 late to help counter home court bias from officials. Garza missing free throws late changed it from advantage us to advantage them. Those hurt the worst, but it's pretty forgivable because Luka is the shit.

15 turnovers

PS had 11 steals

13-20 on free throws

Luka was 7-14 from the free throw line, rest of the team made every one

He still scored 34 points and without him we would not have been close

JoeT had a great game

JoeW was vastly underused

I hoped to win this game. I thought we would probably lose. I never had this one in the W column when looking at 10 or 11 conference wins.

Close loss to a ranked team on the road. Doesn't hurt us. Why Fran agreed to play in that arena is baffling to me.

This loss hurts. But there is a lot of reasons that soften the blow. CJ getting hurt didn't help. Hopefully he's back Tuesday. Refs had a few nasty calls against us in crunch time. Gotta be up by 10 late to help counter home court bias from officials. Garza missing free throws late changed it from advantage us to advantage them. Those hurt the worst, but it's pretty forgivable because Luka is the shit.

Yep. Hard to find fault in a guy who scores and rebounds like him, puts the other team's front-court in foul trouble nearly every game, and isn't a foul machine himself.

Great effort, Fran knows how to build a roster. He proves over and over he’s a great coach. Didn’t love everything about today but when you’re this short, that’s how it breaks sometimes. I did not expect Iowa to win today and they probably should have. They are way better than PSU even down 3 starters
To be honest we don’t matchup well with Penn State with Stevens at the 4. That’s why we tried the zone but I just didn’t think we were that great in the zone today. With the Fredrick injury we were forced to play big too much and that led to a lot of easy buckets.

I think the biggest silver lining could be Toussaint gaining confidence. He was getting into the lane and making quality decisions for the most part. Even knocked down a few jumpshots.

I think the biggest silver lining could be Toussaint gaining confidence. He was getting into the lane and making quality decisions for the most part. Even knocked down a few jumpshots.

Good point. Him starting to play confident the rest of the year is more important than this 1 game. Hopefully it plays out that way.

1st half defense was pretty good. 2nd half we didn't have CJ. I know people love to say injuries are no excuse, but at some point it has to matter.
I don’t think the defense was good in the first half at all. Way too many breakdowns.

Latest posts